Who else is looking for their next Model T

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Who else is looking for their next Model T
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Bente on Monday, March 27, 2017 - 11:31 am:

How many of you are looking for their next Model T? I see a few that post WTB and others that seem to be looking. I'm starting to search for my second one, looking for a pre 1914 torpedo or touring. It seems that there is a lot more demand than the supply, expecially for one with period correct components. In short, hoping to find out how much competition there is for what would hopefully be my next winters project.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, March 27, 2017 - 11:39 am:

Robert,

There has been a fairly recent increase both in Model T cars offered for sale along with folks looking to buy.

Right now I have four model T is waiting on me to transport them.

My advice to you would be to find something fairly close to home that you can take a look at in person before you purchase if possible, then take home on a trailer.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Monday, March 27, 2017 - 11:45 am:

I'm always looking for my next one. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Monday, March 27, 2017 - 11:46 am:

Derek, me to. Just dont tell my wife!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Kemmerer Medford, Or on Monday, March 27, 2017 - 12:18 pm:

Not me, I have too many already.
09 touring
11 runabout
13 touring project
14 touring project
another 14 project no body yet
23 4 door sedan
26 roadster
and enough black Era parts for at least a couple of speedsters.

Anybody want to help me thin out a bit???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Bente on Monday, March 27, 2017 - 12:37 pm:

Dale, I would be more than happy to help think about them. At the very least, since I'm 2 1/4 hours south of Medford. I would like to see your beauties sometime and have you tell me about them. I'm trying to educate myself and looking at pictures in a book only goes so far.
r/s Bob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, March 27, 2017 - 12:37 pm:

I began to think about getting another (or eight), but came back
to my senses of quality over quantity .... a personality disorder I
have and am aware of (thinking I want more when I cannot keep
up with what I already have).

When I was approached to sell my 25 TT, I went ahead and sold
it and just want to focus on the one, get it right where I want it, and
enjoy. My goal has always been to ramble aimlessly down backroads
and dirt tracks in search of forgotten America in a TT . I can't do that
when I keep taking on more projects and never leave the shop.

Still, the temptation is there and I need to find a better support
group than this one for saying "no" to buying more. You guys are
all raving T addicts ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Kemmerer Medford, Or on Monday, March 27, 2017 - 12:58 pm:

Should have been thin out not think out. Darn this tablet that thinks it knows what I'm trying to say anyway.

Fixed that for you. Also made your project list look a lot longer by spacing it out!
Chris

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Kemmerer Medford, Or on Monday, March 27, 2017 - 01:03 pm:

Robert, sent you a P M

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Monday, March 27, 2017 - 01:10 pm:

I was hoping that my next model T was looking for me!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Blanchard on Monday, March 27, 2017 - 01:12 pm:

I have what is called the 3 day rule (applies to eBay and other auction sites...) If I want something really bad I wait 3 days. On the forth day if I realize I don't need it as bad as I did day 1 then I usually don't get it.
Again this is for small items.
As for cars its another story. I usually wait a month once I get the itch. If I still want it after that usually I get it. But it can take years before I get it.
I started looking for a model T about 10 to 15 years ago. The thought of getting one at the start was pretty strong, even after a month. So I knew I was going to buy one. The next step was which type/year. That took much longer to decide. I went from Coupe, to roadster to finally touring (Choosing the touring finally was because my family grew and we do live in south florida so cabin heat is an issue) As for the year I wanted 15 but those where out of budget, next up I wanted 1st year electric... finally found the right one... An early 1920 electric.
And now I couldn't be happier.
So give yourself some time. If you are on this forum you are one step towards purchase, but take your time... I looked over a dozen T's before I squeezed the trigger and it was well worth the wait.
As for buying another T, I am more than happy with my 1920 Touring... Maybe the next one will be 13/14.. there is just something about those two years that I like more than the 15/16.
But next up on the list is a speedster, but I am going Model A for that. Took me 4 years of research to find this specific Speedster... and now its for sale (for the right price). Lets see if the car gods are on my side...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, March 27, 2017 - 01:31 pm:

Pay no attention to the Miami Multi Tasker ....

I expect to pull up to his house next time and find a fully functional rocketship pad and accompanying Mars exploration craft ready to launch ..... :-)

I have no doubt he would successfully complete that endeavor as well .... :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Monday, March 27, 2017 - 01:42 pm:

Not actively looking but if a 19-25 driver quality roadster comes up any where near here I'll be sorely tempted!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Monday, March 27, 2017 - 01:46 pm:

I look at craigslist and ebay every day. I have the money saved for the next one but the stars have just have not converged to allow me to enter the astrol plane and transport one home. Until that time I'll keep looking and keep wishing.

I want a TT frame with engine, axles,rear+front end, and fenders to build a custom period looking wagon / camper.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Monday, March 27, 2017 - 02:12 pm:

Wasn't looking for another project. But one followed me home and my wife let me keept it. Most of my enjoyment is figuring out what the heck it is and in most cases it's worth more to someone else then me and I pay it forward.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Monday, March 27, 2017 - 08:30 pm:

I just got my 16th T in a 25 + year span
This T was first to run and be drivable but will take alot of work get it be a great car
Sure seems odd I don't have to wait 3month to a year go for a spin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 10:48 am:

I have never had to look for my next Model T! They have a habit of finding me!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 10:56 am:

James I sent you a PM

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 12:51 pm:

Not me, one is more then enough. Thank you very much! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick Cicciarelli on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 01:18 pm:

I'm looking for my first T, but I'm sorta picky with what I'm after, so it might be a while yet before I'm behind the wheel of a T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 01:24 pm:

Always looking! Space and money, not necessarily in that order, are the limitation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 06:47 pm:

I'm afraid it's out there looking for me. Lately the speedsters are on my mind. Wish I could post a pik on this site. Been building one all winter. I can post on the speedster site of Facebook but can't seem to get it done here😪

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration