Autofair in Charlotte NC

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Autofair in Charlotte NC
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Monday, March 27, 2017 - 09:13 pm:

Any T owners going to the 2017 Autofair April 6-7-8 ? It is actually in Concord NC, at the speedway. I've gone for years but this will be the first time looking for T parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Monday, March 27, 2017 - 11:50 pm:

Tommy, I go every year. Very slim on "T" stuff but it is fun to look anyhow. There is usually a guy up in the red field with a bunch of used stuff I believe he calls it Broken axle Ranch or some thing similar to that also over in the blue field is Smith and Jones T parts. We set up in the green field but I don't recall the spot numbers. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter B. Ratledge on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 07:24 am:

Tommy, I am going to show my 1911 T touring at Charlotte. I have been showing it there for years.
There are not many T parts there,but it's fun looking around. Stop by and see me. I would like to meet you. Pete

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By don ellis on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 12:54 pm:

I have spaces there , but I don't take anything to sell any more. Your lucky to find much for a T. I just go and walk and walk.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Hatch on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 05:05 pm:

It is a shame that this the way it is. I used to go to Charlotte when it was all inside the racetrack and was not even close to being full. They would let the vendors shower in the drivers dressing room. I would hang my clothes in Fred Lorenzen's and AJ's lockers. There were always lots of T stuff there. Times they are a changing. Dan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 05:21 pm:

I didn't own a T when I've been there but I have seen T hoods, fenders, and grille shells in the past.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R. S. Cruickshank on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 05:34 pm:

I stopped going years ago because of the lack of T stuff. James mentioned the guy that owns Broke and Axel. He is a good friend and an expert on T. His major efforts are in repairs to T's but he is a world of knowledge not only on the T but other cars as well. He is "Broke", aka, Clyde Menges and his friend is Axel. If you need something special for the T, call him on:910.263.2736 and I'm sure he will bring it if he has it. Dick C.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Wicker on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 03:31 pm:

I went to Charlotte last spring and found a Model A part in every row. Mixed in were a few T parts.
I'm going next week. Luray in May will have a lot of T parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 05:57 pm:

I finally got the spot numbers from my buddy, we will be set up in spots MG 61-62. I will have some water pumps ,a tool box, and a pair of Hasler springs no hardware just springs. I may come up with some other T stuff that I might be willing to part with. Most of our stuff is just general car parts. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Bond on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 03:15 pm:

Have been going for years and it's always a treasure hunt. Sure there are miles of Chevy cylinder heads but goodies do turn up. I may be revealing a trade secret here but I've found most of the vendors just don't much about T stuff and there is a chance to snag some bargains. Last year I found a table full of misc stuff that included a few T items, nobody around, and a sign - everything a dollar, and an honor system coffee can. Picked up a NOS New Day Timer, a nice brass Holly Carb float bowl, some NOS valve stem covers and a really nice radiator cap. Stuffed a ten dollar bill in that can as quick as I could. A couple of years ago I encountered a couple who brought their recently deceased grandad's trailer load of Hershey stuff, still marked with twenty year old prices. Got a great pair of E&J gas headlamps on forks really cheeeeep! You'll walk your butt off between discoveries, but heck, you probably need the exercise anyway. Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 04:51 pm:

I'm going tomorrow, Saturday. I'm going with a glass-half-full attitude, expecting Model T parts all over the place. Trying to get in my head what to look for , besides the stuff I really need. Thinking - coils, Hyatt bearings, front wheel bearings. What else would you look for?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john f stephens-marcle on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 08:01 pm:

I will not be going....to far to go for a maybe you will find something...also don't enjoy hot rods and muscle cars....Saving my coins for the Luray swap meet it may be small but I know I will have a better time looking at and for model T stuff..besides, Luray needs our support if it is to survive and thrive ...hope to see you all there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 09:10 pm:

I have been here for two days and not been out of the Green field and have seen a reasonable amount of T stuff this would include but not limited to fenders, coils, oil pans, heads and fire walls. Once again I have 4 different water pumps, a pair of Hasler springs, running board tool box and a steering shaft with good gears. We are in spots MG 61-62 in the Green field. Jim Forgot to add We will be leaving around 12:30-1:00.

(Message edited by tfan on April 07, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 09:16 pm:

I went Thur. Found a nice T steering wheel, tail light, and some T tools in the red field. Cheap prices too. All the wind, and mud you could ask for was free!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By don ellis on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 09:56 pm:

I found a very good rt front fender for my 23 touring project, I have been looking a while . This car is my wife's great grandfathers. I now have all original
Ford sheet metal. Got it at a good price too. I also
got a good tail light for it for five bucks. Pretty good day

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 08:08 am:

I went, I saw, I bought. On the first row that I covered, in the outside field, I bought the two top pieces of a low hood. Later, bought a T jack, a small motometer, not for a T, but can be used with the right cap, and a box full of T parts that contained 2 new timers, with rollers, a New Day, and one that looks like an original Ford, but not stamped. The box also had 12 new sets of points, 12-15 new headlight bulbs, a new set of king pins and several new small parts still in the packages. A pretty good trip, I think.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration