Putting a face to a name.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Putting a face to a name.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 01:59 am:

While driving home from the Australian F1 Grand-Prix yesterday, I decided that it was high time I met Frank Van Ekeren and put a face to the name. Over the years Frank's offered me much advice on this forum and I've known for ages that he was the proprietor of a Motel in Rosedale, about 6 hours from my place and about a third of the way home from Melbourne. So, unannounced, I called in and introduced myself. Being an unexpected and short visit on a week day, I was astounded when he took the time out of his working day and walked Sandy and I around the back and gave us a tour of his collection of T's and showed us around his workshop.
So, from me to Frank,
"Thank You"
Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Alan George Long on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 04:19 am:

Hi Rob.

I agree that Frank is a great Model T bloke. I'm sure we have passed each other on various rallies but the next time we visit Victoria we will make time to contact and catch up with him.
Alan in Western Australia

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warwick Landy Traralgon Australia on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 04:56 am:

Glad you were able to visit Frank. If you come back Franks way again next year we will be able to arrange a local tour with some of the T's you drove past! Frank has been a great help to a heap of Victorian club members and has been a great encouragement to me to get my T out and go driving. Did you give him a few clues for his upcoming speedster project?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 06:33 am:

Thanks fella's,
The face to a name!
Just don't fall asleep with grand kids around!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rolf Oehman Oslo Norway on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 07:50 am:

Ha ha . What a wonderful portrait. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration