Model T tank

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Model T tank
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Seelman on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 11:27 am:

Now that's a Model T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 11:32 am:

Heres a twin engine WW1 tank

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 11:51 am:

The heads appear to be simply turned around, right hand drive hogs head on the one, possibly left hand drive on the other. Looks to have some sort of water pump driven by a shaft to the rear from the front. They have non starter hogs heads, must have been interesting to start, unless that is some sort of starter between the engines up front. Wish I could see it in person, could study that all day! Where is the tank located, looks like a recent picture?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 12:15 pm:

There were two in US Army museums - both moved in the last 10 years. One was in the Patton Museum at Knox and that was moved to Benning. There was also one at Aberdeen that was moved to Lee.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Tuesday, March 28, 2017 - 12:42 pm:

The first photo posted by Ed was taken by me in 2010 at the Patton Museum at Fort Knox, KY.

You can see more here:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/118802/179656.html?1293754813

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Sherman on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 04:42 pm:

Twin engine,very interesting. I wonder what the drive train looks like. Any ideas?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bruce Balough on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 04:53 pm:

Testing at the factory, 5-23-1918. From Joe Galamb's files.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 07:27 pm:

I don't know how you guys can like that twin engine tank. Didn't you see the water pump?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 09:50 am:

Ron, where is Lee?

Is it a town or a base?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 10:08 am:

James,
Fort Lee, VA. One used to be at Fort Knox when I was in beginning and advanced Officer Training, and I believe that's the one now at Fort Benning, GA.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 10:10 am:

Tim,
I don't know..... Model T that originally came with waterpumps are worth way more than non-water pump Ts..... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 10:24 am:

http://www.fiddlersgreen.net/models/vehicles/Ford-M1918-WWI-Tank.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 10:30 am:

I can't help but notice that Fiddler's Green link in Rob's post lists the engines as 45hp each. Could that be a typo or were they really putting out double the power of a stock Model T?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 10:34 am:

I don't think the T with the tracks would do very well. The tracks are not very wide. I wouldn't think it would give much flotation which is what would give it its advantage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 02:03 pm:

I don't know about that Will. A Sherman tank is on the order of 10 pounds per square inch on the tracks. That Model T is probably more like 2.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration