24 engine color ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 24 engine color ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 02:53 am:

I would like to repaint the needed engine

on my 1924 T all black touring . Was the black the only engine color ? Can i paint it blue?

Thats one place that the black really dont look good in my opinion and the blue really

shows the beauty of the engine . Thanks for the help !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 08:50 am:

Much as I can tell, they were black until 26/27 when they went to "that green" color.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 09:11 am:

Black is correct. I use satin black Rustoleum.

But it's your car. You can do whatever you want. Here's how Martin Vowell painted his engine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 09:49 am:

Thanks ! And Steve i will pass the purple!!
lol I would like to see some green pictures .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 09:52 am:

Here's my French Whorehouse version, but it's a 26/27. I'd probably paint it the green even if it wasn't to show off the accents. My WWII jeep has the Ford Tractor Grey paint scheme, and that looks nice also, but l shows off every oil leak.

It's your engine, make it your own.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 09:55 am:

Here's the 1927 green on a museum cutaway.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 10:36 am:

Rustoleum Satin Black, just like Steve Jelf says. Two spray cans will do the whole job.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 10:44 am:

WOW That will be good for engine ? HOT TEMPS ? I was thinking about bill hirsch but $39.00 . Can i do it with a brush ? im affraid of spraying all over .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 10:47 am:

The engine doesn't get THAT hot, Rustoleum will be fine. Yes, you can use a brush, that's how Ford did it. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 11:16 am:

I had good results with P.O.R.15 engine paint on my Imperial. Does anyone know if they make a Ford Green paint for 26/27's. You can paint it with a brush and the viscosity is so thin that you won't see the brush marks.

(Message edited by Mopar_man on March 29, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 11:30 am:

ANY SPECIAL TIPS ON HOW TO CLEAN ? ENGINE ON CAR . SOLVENT , ACETONE LAST , SOME WIRE BRUSHING ETC

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 03:33 pm:

You won't believe the nooks and crannies until you start cleaning and scraping. I had mine out and on a chain hoist and I was at it for days and days using oven cleaner, brake cleaner, degreaser, and, finally, my wife's little kitchen steam cleaner to get the caked on grease from around the bolt holes. If you are going to try and clean around the castle nuts and cotter pins while they are installed, just paint it black because you won't get it to cover and stoick over 100 years of crud.

JMO

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 04:07 pm:

Most auto parts stores sell spray cans of "Engine Black" which should work just fine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 07:29 pm:

Here's the Ford Green , brushed on , on my late 26/27 model year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 10:14 pm:

Very nice ! I like the green . In my opinion the lighter color shows more the beauty. But im gonna have to decide to go non-original.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration