Sitting for a portrait

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Sitting for a portrait
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 11:20 am:

This morning brought a surprise break in the clouds, so I took the roadster out for a picture in full sunlight.

I also took advantage of the brief break in the weather for a test drive around the block (two miles) to try out the new Stutzman wheels. I was pleased to find that at cruising speed (35 mph) the car didn't wander all over the road. Looks like I'm ready for some real driving now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 11:22 am:

Steve,

Can I go for a ride tomorrow afternoon ?

Maybe there is a place we can have dinner at ....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 11:27 am:

You bet. That's weather dependent, of course. I don't have the top fixed yet. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 11:41 am:

Tires are a little to white Steve. Need some road grime to tone them down a bit. Have fun and get tham dirty.
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 12:21 pm:

Looking good!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 12:28 pm:

Wonderful photo Steve. I took the liberty of saving a copy to my Model T album. Thank you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 12:34 pm:

Don't worry Dallas..between his gravel roads and you know what.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 12:51 pm:

What a neat old car! Did you buy it new?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 12:59 pm:

Steve, nice pic, but who's that old coot who is spoiling the nice view??
:-)
PS Definitely a keeper!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 04:35 pm:

Steve, I would love to see your place sometime. It intrigues me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 04:49 pm:

Sure thing, Marty. Any time you're down this way give me a call and you can have a guided tour of the junk pile.

Gil, I probably could have. I think it was put together about forty years ago.
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 04:57 pm:

Pardon me Roy,Is that the cat that had the new shoes?? It looks nice Steve!! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 05:01 pm:

Steve,

Great photo and it shouldn't be long before the weather is great for driving - even with the top down.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 05:09 pm:

Great photo Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 05:22 pm:

Beautiful!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole, Oswego, IL on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 06:44 pm:

Steve- you are the man! Looking sharp and the flivver even sharper! Love dem white tires...super spiffy! You'll have to fight off the ladies now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 06:53 pm:

Steves place is built of fossil rich stone, it's amazing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Chochole, Oswego, IL on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 07:04 pm:

Hey Steve- with the concerns about white tires turning brown, possibly because of Vietnamese made tubes- I wanted to ask where you purchased your tubes from?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 08:01 pm:

Great photo, Steve !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 08:35 pm:

Freighter Jim: You don't know what you are letting yourself in for when you mention eating. when I stopped by there in 2012 I took him to lunch, and the had to close the place we ate at as there was no food left! Ask Steve how well they fed him, and I think maybe he has stock in the place or a stock option. Just warning you, don't say I did not warn you.

Steve go easy on Jim, as he needs money for fuel and expenses.

Just kidding Steve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 08:37 pm:

Gilbert : He was at the Factory when it came off the the assembly line, in fact he may have driven it out the door!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 09:27 pm:

I got the tubes from Universal. I can't look at them now to be sure, but I think they're European. These tyres are NOS New Zealanders, so I expect "the brown thing" will not be a problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 07:36 am:

Steve you have a very beautiful home and as always your pictures are wonderful thanks for sharing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 05:43 pm:

Steve, Thanks!!!! I don't make it over that way very often, but maybe if I go to Chikasha next year, it would be a stop.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 12:20 am:

That ol' runabout do look good with those whitey-tighties! Pun not intended but if it makes it funny by chance... ;-)
I wanted to type "That ol' Go-Devil" but I'd get told.
Yikes! 35 miles per hour?!
Great pic Steve!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration