Just place my last order with MAC's. Enugh is enough!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Just place my last order with MAC's. Enugh is enough!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 03:48 pm:

I should have been tipped off when their customer service phone number ends in 666. But I got shorted a tube in an order of 5 tubes and 5 bands.
Was on hold for 23 minutes, being told by a recording how important my call was but to go to the web site if I really wanted an answer.
The nice little old laby who finally answered the phone and got an ear full then informed me that since I ordered the tubes off eBay, I needed to file a dispute with eBay.
Was told that eBay sells MAC parts, but it is eBay as the seller. Really?

Then I shouldn't get packing slips and invoice receipts with MAC's logo all over it.

So, off to eBay!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary kmiecik on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 04:18 pm:

I to just got off the phone with that little old lady. Thought my phone battery was going to go dead before the elevator music stopped 45 mins. please. Parts didn't fit now I have to jump through a bunch of hoops to get my money back.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 04:27 pm:

No surprise here at all. Google MTFCA: Mac's and you'll find other similar stories going back many years. I crossed them off my list about 25 years ago. Fortunately there are lots of other Model T parts dealers, most of whom are a pleasure to do business with.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 04:53 pm:

Acquaintance of mine has a model A with water in the oil and not in the radiator. Told him he likely needs a new head gasket, suggested local auto parts, but he ordered one from MACs who said they would ship it right away. That was last week, still waiting--Synders or one of the other A suppliers would have had it in his hand by now, as would the local auto parts. We had to postpone my helping him--but just as well, as I lost my water heater the day I was going to help him. Wife came in the living room, "What's all this water on the floor?" It started leaking after I walked by it earlier. Dodged that bullet, but am now $440 poorer!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 04:54 pm:

What Steve said!!! Been there done that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 05:48 pm:

Standard shipping for Snyders is UPS ground, about 5 days.
Does not matter whos name is on the invoice, if you bought it thru ebay then you have to deal thru ebay not by going to Mac's directly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 06:12 pm:

Speaking of Mac's, they changed their Ebay store name to "ecklersautomotive", had to reset my search parameters in regards to which names to delete from my saved search. Dirty rotten buggers! LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RJ Walworth, New York on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 07:14 pm:

Mac's is actually Ecklers Automoive. Mac's moved out of Lockport, NY last july to Titusville, Fl.
Mac's sold their business bout 2 years ago

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 07:27 pm:

Try Lang's for G R E A T service !

Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 07:53 pm:

I have a 63 Ford Galaxie that I bought a few parts from Macs and got them in a couple of weeks. I received 4 Macs catalogs yesterday in the mail ranging from a Falcon, Fairlane, Torino, Comet, Ranchero and Galaxie. I didn't ask for them.

I did notice that the phone numbers for the later Ford catalogs are different than their T catalog.

And by the way, I did give Mac's a call 2 weeks ago to 'try' to order some T starter parts. No answer and after another call no answer after 15 minutes. I ordered the parts from Langs and no problem. Anyway the catalog is 'pretty'! Oh well.

I think I'll call Macs tomorrow and see if they will answer the later Ford parts numbers. We'll see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 07:59 pm:

I also received the Fairlane catalog yesterday - wife has an all original, 3 owner (including her) '65 Sport Coupe. Ekler's bought out the small Mom & Pop Fairlane store in Oregon a couple years ago also !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 08:51 pm:

Have you ordered Fairlane parts from them? I ordered the Galaxie parts about 3 months ago and got them fairly quick. Abt 2 weeks. Don't know if they have changed since then or not.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 09:15 pm:

I placed an order from Chaffins Garage on Monday and received everything I ask for today. Granted I am not far from them but I can place an order with them with confidence. I get the same great service getting A parts from Arizona model As. The Tin Shed is THE place to go for model T repairs, overhauls and advise.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 09:18 pm:

If I call Bob's, Lang's, or Chaffin's, I get an answer, not a half hour of dreadful hold music and repeated recorded assurances that "Your call us important to us". If I place an order on Monday, it's in my mailbox Wednesday. Why would I waste my time?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 09:32 pm:

No, I have not, John - it really doesn't need anything but I have ordered a few of the interchange parts from Mustang's Unlimited.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 11:01 pm:

I have a T carb I want a choke spring for so I can put it back together. I thought um,I will check ebay. Sure enough there was 1. Macs was the seller. Spring is like a buck 95. Shipping almost 7 bucks! Are they kidding me? it would cost all of a buck maby to put it in a small padded envelope and mail it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 11:13 pm:

Mack, if you get it from Lang's I bet that's exactly what will happen. They always send me little stuff the cheapest way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber- Vancouver WA. on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 11:21 pm:

I received the new 2017 MAC'S Model T catalog in the mail last Friday. Funny thing, I've only ordered one part from them ever, and it was a low $ item, and that was because Lang's was out. Weird.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 11:34 pm:

When I buy something from Lang's that will fit into an envelope, the shipping fee amounts to the cost of the postage stamps. _Honest as the day is long.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 11:50 pm:

Some people just never learn.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 04:02 am:

I just got a new Mac's catalog in the mail Tuesday. I haven't ordered anything from them for about 5 or 6 years or so I think because the last order took almost 2 weeks to get here. Sure are nice illustrations in it though. They can come in kind of handy on occasion. :-) :-) Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 07:12 am:

Let the Mac's bashing begin!!! If you need anything, Never go to Mac's. Langs,Synders, Or Chaffens are your go to supplier's

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 07:19 am:

Just because Mama said "if you can't say something nice about someone, don't say anything" They used to have great pictures of stuff in their catalogue.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom VanMeeteren Valley, Nebraska on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 07:29 am:

I'm working on a 32 model B for a customer. I have had an engine gasket set on order for over a month and last night I received an email telling me that my order will ship late April.

Isn't that GREAT news!!!!!!!!!!

Most everything else I buy is from Birdhaven or Lang's. Fast, friendly service and very little hold time. Just sayin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Alexander in Albion, Maine on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 07:55 am:

If people stop using Mac's think of all the empty space there will be on the Forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 08:00 am:

How long a part takes in transit is up to the carrier, but how long it takes to ship is up to the vendor. With VERY few exceptions, Lang's, Snyder's, and probably the majority of our other vendors ship SAME DAY! Where I live, Snyder's is a 2 day delivery, Lang's is 3.

My experience with Mac's is that it takes a week or more for them to put my package on the truck! And when you call to complain, you get a snotty attitude and they act like they are doing you a favor by shipping it the day you call, so the "L" with them.

However, you must be careful bashing Mac's on here. I got a personal phone call from a club official raking me over the coals for it. I intentionally failed to renew my membership because of it, and must admit, I still have a bad taste in my mouth over it. It is my understanding that this person is no longer a club official, so I may re-join one day, but not just yet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 08:01 am:

I order parts for my 54 and 66 Fords from Macs but I find myself not ordering anything for my T from them.

When I order from Macs, I've learned make sure that I know exactly what I'm ordering and that I know I won't be returning it.

Returns with Macs are a nightmare.

There's a family owned and operated vendor for parts for Fords (newer than 32) called Dennis Carpenter that I try to use whenever possible. I try to use family companies, like Langs and Carpenter, even if their prices are a bit higher.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 09:28 am:

Interesting that the eBay listings on the MAC's parts are being represented as coming from Rockport, NY.

Don't tell me something on eBay is misrepresented!!! I'm shocked!!!

I've initiated the eBay, item received not as represented, process for the missing tube. We'll see what happens.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 09:53 am:

Hal: You received a "call from a club official raking me over the coals". Which 'club', MTFCA,,,, Elks?? No names please, but I hope it was not an elected official in MTFCA. jb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 10:08 am:

Hal's experience was the straw that broke the camels back when i talked with him in person and learned the details. 1 day I will rejoin but as with him, not yet.
Smith and Jones is 1 state below me and if I order before 12 today,it would be here tomorrow or next day at the latest. Snyders is top notch. I have not bought from Langs yet but what I read here tells me they are good. Chaffins,I got their nice catalog and have ordered 1 time so far. If you don't have their catalog,you need to get on the horn and order 1. pictures of EACH item so you know exactly what you are getting.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 10:21 am:

Well, if someone wants to call me, they can... I've only related the facts, not opinion. They is what they is ...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RJ Walworth, New York on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 12:22 pm:

ECKLER'S bought out Macs a few years ago and Dearborn Clasic approx 5 years ago.They move all their inventory down to Florida.Ecklers has been a buying sprey on buying up old car catalog companies, Ford, GM, Mopar, Mercedes Ecklers is a 50m investment company from China. They but these companies for future mfg in China.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 12:31 pm:

James,

Yes, MTFCA. I don't think the position was an elected position, but I can't say for sure. I'm thinking appointed, volunteer, or maybe even hired. I don't know for sure. That wasn't important to me at the time. What I will tell you is that when asked, this person specifically told me they were not calling in an official capacity. So the fact that they used their position in the club to access my personal information PISSED ME OFF, and it still does every time I think about it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen, South Texas on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 02:15 pm:

When you buy items off eBay there's procedures to follow for problem resolution. As an eBay member, you should know that. It's part of the agreement you accepted to use eBay. Both you and the seller can be suspended for negotiating off eBay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Codman on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 02:32 pm:

When I lived in eastern Massachusetts I would almost always get parts that I ordered from Lang's the next day. They are great people to deal with.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 02:40 pm:

New Mac's catalog came in today's mail. 1927 Fordor sedan on the front cover. I don't even have to open it to see something I like.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 03:00 pm:

I've bought from Lang's and Smith & Jones and got great service.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 08:07 pm:

Hal: Thanks, I would feel the same way if this happened to me. Safe travels, jb.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 08:55 pm:

Thank you for your purhcase. I do apologize for any delay or incovenience that this may be causing you. I have submitted ticket 311860 to have stock checked and to see about getting your missing tube sent out. Please allow for a few business days for this ticket to be worked on and updated. We appreciate your business and if there is anything else we can assist you with please let us know.

Well, I can't say much for their spelling, but at least it looks like they will try to do the correct thing in this case. It never occurred to me to count the tubes in the box before I started installing the tires and tubes. Got to the spare, an no 5th tube. Shame on me!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold R Carpenter - Fair Grove, MO on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 09:07 pm:

Over the past seven years I have purchased from nearly all the major T suppliers, including Bob's, Lang's, Snyder's, and Mac's. So far I have had very good service from all of them and have no complaints with any of them. Perhaps I am just lucky. However, I appreciate having such a wide source of suppliers. I hope we don't drive any of them out of business with negative remarks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 10:01 pm:

"I don't give them Hell. I just tell the truth about them and they think it's Hell." ~ Harry Truman

Obviously, an outfit that's still in business after several decades hasn't offended everybody. But all the negative remarks I've seen were by dissatisfied customers relating their personal experiences, like mine. Those remarks are the smoke generated by the fire of real experience. There's a reason most of the parts dealers except one regularly receive high praise for consistent quality service.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 10:30 pm:

There's a diner in my neighborhood wherein hangs a sign by the cash-register. _It reads, "No one ever won an argument with a paying customer."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 07:39 am:

Harold,

I couldn't care less if Mac's went out of business! As a matter of fact, it would suit me just fine. With the attitude I got when I contacted them, I couldn't believe what I was hearing from this woman. I was being polite and professional. She was being a &!#*$. At the time, I chalked it up to her having a bad day and perhaps a cultural difference between North and South. Many years later, after finding this forum, I found what I experienced wasn't out of character for them at all. So yeah, as far as I'm concerned they can go right on out of business. Ain't gonna bother me one iota.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RJ Walworth, New York on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 08:01 am:

give it a rest guys!! every few weeks there is someone bitching about a company that doesn't meet your needs your spouse doesn't want to hear it so you come here. If you don't like it then go to someone else that give you satisfaction. This forum is turning into a bitch session for all you old whining crybabies. oh shipping is expensive, parts are no good or didn't deliver from a company, She was rude over the phone.. WHAH!! WHAH!! WHAH!!

no wonder by alot of people who do retail sales in this hobby is getting out of selling!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R. S. Cruickshank on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 08:45 am:

Add Smith and Jones in South Carolina for good service and fast shipping of T and A parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 10:49 am:

On the contrary, there RJ. There are plenty of folks praising the companies that give good service right along with the bashing of those that dont. It's no different than reading product reviews. As a matter of fact, that is exactly what it is. Some are positive. Some are negative. Either way. The information is useful to many.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 11:19 am:

Seems to be "The American Way"...a couple of enterprising folks, maybe a family, find a need and fill it - either providing a great retail outlet, or finding a way to make a much needed "widget", the enterprise flourishes....as long as it is staffed by the founders, or the family that really cares about service.

The enterprise flourishes to such a great extent that it attracts the uncaring, calculating, perhaps greedy investor(s). The enterprise changes hands and eventually disappears. Watch Sears (formerly Sears, Roebuck); who remembers S. S. Kresge, F. W. Woolworth, McCrory's, Silvers, and numerous local hardware stores "done in" by the big box retailers. Such wonderful journeys on Pan American, Eastern, Braniff, TWA...all relics of the past due to numerous challenges, but in my opinion, the corporate raiders who lined their pockets with the cash from the enterprises drove the lethal spike into the heart of the operation.Oh boy, the list is endless...surely there was some skullduggery involved in the demise of some auto makers...

May the Bob's, Langs, Fun Projects Co., and so many other good, caring companies prosper...for their benefit AS WELL AS OURS !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 01:45 pm:

Dave, so true, so true. I had to suddenly replace my water heater Monday (is such a replacement ever NOT "suddenly?" Well, yes the big HD had one, but so did the local hardware store. Cost me a bit more, but I like the local guys, and they give me a "good guy" 10% discount most every time (couldn't on the WH)in spite of the bad jokes and puns I tell them!
My friend's head gasket still hasn't arrived. . .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Raynor in Southampton on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 03:27 pm:

I ordered a tube of EZ turn lubricant from Langs last Friday, it got here on Tuesday. I opened it only to find the tube punctured in theee places . Called that afternoon and got one of the nice young ladies on the line. I explained the condition I received this in ,and they sent a new one no which show up today at no charge. No questions no shipping either ,and was told not to bother to send back the damaged one. Good people who drive good cars ,Model T's!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 10:49 am:

Here's the latest email from MAC's through eBay. Sounds like they will do the right thing. Fair is fair, so I'm posting it.

Hello,

We are contacting you regarding your missing part:

64-22261 26-29/4.50x21/inner T ube/long Rubber Stem

The replacement order 70189021 has been placed. We will provide tracking once this ships.

We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Thanks,

Paula

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 12:20 pm:

"once this ships.":-)

If that had been Lang's, the email would have read "The replacement part has been shipped. Here's your tracking #."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 01:48 pm:

Dave Default - Yes, I had wonderful trips on PanAm. But Eastern? There was a very active group of businessmen who called themselves the WHEAL Club - We Hate Eastern Air Lines. They had a lapel pin in the shape of a wheel, with those letters on them, and wore them whenever they had to fly Eastern. It drove the airline employees nuts, because they couldn't make the passengers take the pins off, or refrain from saying why they wore them.

I spent six years in Minneapolis, back in the day. Northwest and United each had a big deicer, with which they could spray a plane just before it taxied out for takeoff. A critically important item, since the planes sat outside all night, and snow and ice storms were frequent. Northwest was based in Minneapolis and had lots of flights; United had one morning flight to Chicago on a French-built Caravelle. NW got the bright idea that they could get rid of their deicer and rent United's, thus saving a few shekels. Thereafter, when there had been an ice storm, NW would call United and ask to rent their deicer. United would say: "Sure, just as soon as we're done with it." United would deice its plane and take off on time. NW's passengers sat around and fumed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 02:03 pm:

Yes - the "bean counter" at work in Northwest's office---but NW did not have a monopoly of that type. One year TWA saved several thousand dollars when some officer told the commissary people to put only two olives on the salads instead of three.
Then the magazines were not stocked...then the blankets and pillows became scarce...the bean counters saved the airline thousands of dollars. So much savings drove passengers away...finally the infamous corporate raider came and took all that was valuable and "voila" - no more airline.
Montgomery Ward, Circuit City, Radio Shack - soon Sears??? - progress or greed???

Eddie Rickenbacker ran a good ship - as did Juan Tripp, and for all his bad press, Howard Hughes was the driving force behind the Constellations. When people do what they know how to do, the business survives...no?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 03:45 pm:

I had always heard that the genius behind the fewer-olives-in-the-salad caper was Robert Crandall of American Airlines.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 05:10 pm:

Perhaps that is the case...my memory is not quite what it was awhile back.
I do believe that there was some sort of "copy-cat" scenario however...I do like black olives, and have had the good fortune to enjoy many really good meals on TWA. One day when I was "short-changed" on the olives, I asked the stewardess where they went. She replied something like "orders from above limited them".
I forget exactly when that happened - we had Bud Wiser (Northeast Yellow Bird fame), and Tillinghast for awhile...maybe one of them had cocktails with Crandall and exchanged ideas?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 08:29 pm:

Remember how Henry Ford was on counting beans.
He'd make a part a different way and save a penny. Fifteen million pennies adds up after a while.
I don't think Henry was doing something that he couldn't pass on to the consumer though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 10:42 pm:

My friend's "Model A" head gasket arrived, but it's a Model B gasket for '32-34; however, it should work. Tomorrow I'll see if that's all he needs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 03:43 pm:

Just curious. Have your parts shipped yet?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 06:02 pm:

If you are referring to the OP's missing tube, not that I am aware of. I'm still short one tube from my original order of several weeks ago.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 07:51 pm:

Buy from Langs. They sell Model T parts exclusively, and they are a family run business. Don Lang is a personal friend of mine too. Why buy anywhere else?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 08:16 pm:

Larry, U are right except there are other excellent vendors also, I'd name them but may miss someone . Lang's is definitely top notch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 06:08 am:

Robert,

Yes, I was referring to the replacement tube they were sending, that they were going to let you know when it shipped. My initial problem with Macs was their ridiculously long shipping time. I was just curious if they would try to speed things along, seeing as how they were the ones that goofed up the order, or if they would string it out. I know if I had made that mistake, the replacement would have been shipped immediately in an effort to keep my customer content, or at least less discontent. I was just wondering if Macs felt the same way. Don't look like it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Frost on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 06:17 am:

Been waiting on a Lang's catalog to make a few purchases. looking forward to getting started.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 09:29 am:

Dave, this may be less handy than a paper catalogue, but it can get you started while you wait.

https://www.modeltford.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 09:32 am:

Apparently not. In fact, as this whole missing tube had to go through eBay because that is how I placed the initial order, I was hoping that it would add a level of importance to the correction as now the "public" feedback comes into play. As opposed to just fooling everyone once as is their common practice.

Now, they, hopefully, will do the right thing and send out the replacement tube, but what kind of feedback do you think I will leave? It's been several weeks. If this was a part that was actually holding up a project, I'd be on the phone with them daily. As I'm only needing this last tube for the spare, it can wiat until the tube shows up. I'm cutting them a little slack due to the weather airport delays of last week that is still getting caught up according to news reports. But next week, I'm filing a dispute with eBay and Paypal. Paypal will freeze their funds for this order until it gets resolved.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 10:58 am:

Thanks Robert. Keep us posted. I think it will be interesting to see when they bother to ship an item that they shorted you to start with.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Stryker on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 09:36 pm:

I got my first order today. I needed a $3.95 gasket, paid $3.50 for "rush order", plus $6.95 for shipping. It came in a box they could have gotten 200 gaskets in and got here SEVEN days after ordering. I will try someone else next time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 09:50 pm:

Chaffins is family run also for us west coasters! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 10:11 pm:

Simply put, anybody else. It seems that just one dealer has a problem with getting stuff out the door. The others are efficient enough to get an order on its way the same day you place the order. It's called customer service.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 10:12 pm:

Tube order online at summit coker will drop ship for free
Headgadket buy two

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RICHARD GRZEGOROWICZ on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 - 11:11 pm:

WELCOME TO THE CLUB!GREG.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Stryker on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 11:45 am:

Is Lang's shipping usually affordable?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 12:10 pm:

Terry - It costs less than driving to pick things up! And I only live 2 hours away!

When I needed tires Don brought them to a swap meet in NH and I saved both shipping and Mass sales tax.
Don Lang and the crew will go out of their way to help. Great people! No Fantastic people!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 12:19 pm:

Terry,

From what I've heard and experienced, 7 days is pretty quick for Mac's. Must be the extra $3.50 you paid.

As for the cost of shipping, in all fairness (Not to be construed as me sticking up for Mac's by ANY means), $7 is probably about the going rate. I paid about that to ship a padded envelope (USPS) just yesterday that didn't weight a whole bunch.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron in Central Massachusetts on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 12:22 pm:

Amen Fred (though, on rare occasions it's quicker for me to drive the 20 minutes there).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob on Upper Texas Gulf Coast on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 12:31 pm:

Based on what I read here I just can not imagine why I would order from Mac's. Maybe if Langs, Sniders, Bob's and Chaffin was out of stock. But what is the chances Mac's would have it in that circumstance?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Anderson, central Wisconsin on Wednesday, September 13, 2017 - 03:34 pm:

I needed a tube for one of the dual side mount tires for my 1932 Chevrolet Confederate.
MAC'S came in with the lowest price so I ordered it.
The Eckler's invoice arrived a split second after I placed the order.
I got the tube via Fedex within a week.......on a Saturday yet!
I was leery about ordering from them but it panned out.......this time.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration