What year touring?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: What year touring?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Sherman on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 04:35 pm:

Hi, I was rummaging through my mom's back yard and came across this touring. I think it may be around 1913 since I also found a new complete wood kit for the body and doors still in the boxes. Thanks
Bodyinteriorhardwareseat

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William bender on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 04:41 pm:

Looks like a 13 body to me

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 05:00 pm:

Yup, square-bottom doors mean 1913.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 05:08 pm:

Must be great to live out west. Looks like its outside. Here in 10 to 20 years outside the body would be about 1/2 that tall and the dirt would be an orange color.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 05:28 pm:

Probably a few parts from other years but the body tin looks good in the photos.

One of the shots also shows what appears to be a 1913 door latch.

It looks like there may be enough there to rewood it. Some parts would still need to be found (in the current pile or at swap meets).

Is the sheet metal as good as it looks in the photos?

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 05:31 pm:

I see some parts that are not '13. The gasoline tank and straps, part of the top sockets. Minor stuff. I also see a really hard to get door latch that may be tough to find the matches for. I hope the other two are there. All in all, a great start to a great project! What is the story on it?
Most of the cars I have restored, I started with less.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 07:28 pm:

The front fender iron on top of the pile looks to be for a '14. A bit hard to tell, but the section between the hole for the headlight fork and the frame bracket looks to me to be "V" shaped, meaning it's '14 to maybe '17...I think that's when the next change appeared. The '13 irons were completely round in that spot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 07:35 pm:

Any remains of the frame, rear end and etc close by? You mentioned it was in you Moms backyard. Must have been your Fathers stuff. A good project if you have the chassis or at least some of it. The sheet metal is in good shape to have been outside.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Sherman on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 10:18 pm:

Wow, you guys are great. Thanks so much. The story is that my dad had way too many project cars
and there are a few similar bodies that were kept outside. I'm cleaning up my mom's property and am going through all his stuff. All of the good stuff, engines and speed parts were kept inside fortunately. I uncovered this as well last week. I think it's a 26-27 Roadster or truck. Anyone know? Thanks again,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By William bender on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 10:50 pm:

that is a 26/27 roaster body

Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Sherman on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 11:18 pm:

Thanks Bill. How do the trucks differ? Besides having a bed. Jerry

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration