I am looking for motor # 56283

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: I am looking for motor # 56283
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Goble on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 05:49 pm:

Does anyone out there have motor # 56283 . I am looking for it . I just in the last couple weeks bought a 1911 Torpedo . The family I bought it from had the papers that stated the conditions of the sale . They bought the car in 1963 ,the car was restored in the 1950's . The paper work said at the time of the restoration the oringal motor was replaced and the ser # of the orignal motor was put on the replacement motor . The seller says in the litter that the original motor would come with the car . But when the car got to the new owner the motor was not there. I have a true Torpedo motor # 47940 to go in the car . I contacted the BFRC and found that 56283 did in fact leave the factory a Torpedo . It would be wonderful if the motor could be reunited with the car . It my be out there some were . Any help would be greatly appreciated . Perry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Sherman on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 10:54 pm:

Perry, 1911 - Wow. I'll check my blocks I have laying around. I probably have 12 or so. Most are 26-27 but you never know. Give me three weeks since I have a swap meet in San Diego this weekend and Bakersfield next weekend. I'll try to remember. Jerry.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration