Approximate age of GoodYear All Weather tires?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Approximate age of GoodYear All Weather tires?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 07:50 pm:

Picked these up at an estate sale and I like the tread design for my War Wagon. 450x21", so I presume more of an A tire than a T. But I have a set of 21" demountables, so I'm cleaning them up and want to use them.
Not a crack on them. Long nubs still on sidewall and some small nubs still on the tread. No DOT numbers, so before that requirement. Made in Brazil. GoodYear All Weather.

40's? 50's? 60's? 70's?

Thanks in advance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 08:27 pm:

I have a set ,Made in USA,circa 1992. Must be since then??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 09:48 pm:

Someone is still making the Good Year, as Snyder's still has them in their catalog. I bought a set of four and have two old stock originals, but I don't know when they were made.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 09:32 am:

My understanding that the DOT numbers are required after 2000, so we know it's before that if they don't have the numbers.

I'm a little relieved that these tires may not be as old as I first thought. That initial filling of air in the rims sounded like the Titantic breaking up. I clamped on the air hose and stood a few feet away while doing so.
Do it in the hot sun and the tires were just stretching their legs. New tubes and flaps. All is good this morning.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration