Assembling a model T puzzle

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Assembling a model T puzzle
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Goodman on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 11:06 pm:

Few years ago, I acquired a 26 model t roadster pickup project. It was mostly disassembled and now I am starting on the reassembly, finding lots of missing parts etc. Have enjoyed following the forum for the last year and now have a question. It has a vapourizor carb and the steering column has a tab for linkage that lines up with the hole in the center of the block. Looks like the vapourizor carb has a arm that would need a linkage over the top of the head. Do I have the wrong steering column ? is this where the linkage should go and can I modify the lever to work? better yet does anyone have a pic of the vapourizor linkage. thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 - 11:19 pm:

Lang's sells a bolt on lever for the steering column.
Birdhaven lists the rod that goes across the top of the head to the carb.

Hope this helps some.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 07:30 am:

Dave: depends on whether you have an early or late '26 steering column. The early 26's before they started installing the Vaporizers still had the linkage through the block in later 26 models the webbing in the block has no hole for the throttle linkage and no hole in the valve cover. the linkage for the Vaporizer should come off about 3 or 4 inches below the firewall (There may even be a hole there for the pin) so I think you have an early 26 frame with a late 26 engine. hope this helps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 07:48 am:

BTW Welcome to the affliction!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 07:54 am:

It is my understanding that the Vaporizer wasn't used until the the 1927 model year. Check for a frame number just in front of the seat position. It could be on the driver or passenger side but usually the passenger side. A little sanding may be needed to reveal the number. My June 1926 production Tudor has the hole in the block and the NH. Since only a couple months from the 1927 production start I would consider it late 1926. So in fact, your project may be a 1927 model year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 08:28 am:

From the encyclopieda
CARBURETORS: Kingston Model L4, Holley Model NH or Ford F. The Holley Vaporizer was used on many 1926 models. Carburetor adjustment was integral with choke and the adjustment needle now had a universal joint instead of the T fitting.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration