Top Bow Mounting Post

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Top Bow Mounting Post
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 09:20 am:

My 24 Touring has the top bow mounting post sticking out of the quarter panel.

I've noticed other cars have this post located above the quarter panel.

When did this change occur? Is this indicative of the "one-man top"?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 09:29 am:

I've noticed that the improved cars have this mounting location. But this car doesn't have the curved rear doors and quarter panel that the improved cars have.

Now I'm really flummoxed.

Could this be a late 25 model?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 10:01 am:

Your picture is of the 26-27 mount and top bow. Post a picture of the complete body for better information.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 10:07 am:

http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/S-T.htm#top

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 10:59 am:

Someone must have done this. Look at original photos, and you will not see this type. Even the top bow socket appears incorrect.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration