5 ball

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 5 ball
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 12:07 pm:

$1800.00 for a used 5- ball carb. but my pile is not worth $30000.00 realy! i guess i will have to part it out someday ha,ha. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Gould, Folsom, CA on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 12:47 pm:

Funny how that works

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 06:04 pm:

The value of our "stuff" only matters if we are going to sell it during our lifetime.

After we are gone our survivors get to have their way with it: keep it, ebay, live auction, for sale ads, let it go for pennies on the dollar, or the scrap metal yard. They get to find out what the stuff is REALLY worth. What do we care then??

My children do not want to deal with Everything that I have. To be sure, a couple of the cars are desired along with some spare parts to support them and many of my tools and technical books and manuals. As for the rest of my collection (stuff): "Dad, please get rid of that excess stuff you don't use now while you are able to do it. Please make our lives easier; we'll be feeling bad enough that you are gone and we will feel worse having to clean out all of this extra stuff."

Harsh talk? No, not at all. There really is way more stuff around here than I will ever use or need. It IS time to do some downsizing.

I view some of the "collections" of other car folk and think "Golly, there is going to be SUCH an estate sale some day!"

He who has the most toys when he dies, wins? No, not really.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 08:03 pm:

When that topic came up with my kids I politely advised them that I had not spent a lifetime collecting all my stuff just to get rid of it to make their lives easier!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration