Think I'll take an hour and go through and raise my prices!!!!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Think I'll take an hour and go through and raise my prices!!!!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 01:58 pm:

Not really but take a look at this!!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/232280863342?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STR K%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

1909 Model T Ford carb. RARE Kingston Five Ball Carb. See original listing
1909-Model-T-Ford-carb-RARE-Kingston-Five-Ball-Carb
Item Sold
Item condition:Used
Ended: Mar 30, 2017 , 9:30AM
Winning bid:US $1,820.10
[ 19 bids ]

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nicholas Lingg - Tarboro, NC on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 02:13 pm:

How many 5 Ball's with a 45 deg. intake do you see?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 02:43 pm:

I've had a couple over the years. They are rare, rare, rare. That one was exceptionally nice. IMHO, it was worth every dime of that. If you look at the bid history you can see I was playing for awhile. I'm not sure how much is left in it for a dealer, probably not all that much at $1800 +.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 03:52 pm:

Now a non-T person will see that, and then list his rusty NH at the bargain price of $1500.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 10:46 pm:

Shucks,I have a professional rebuilt 4500 for a 1912,I love to get half that for.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 12:48 am:

Dear Ebay, Please block Stan Howe of Helena, MY. from viewing your auctions. The prices that some people pay, are giving him very wicked ideas and might lead him to do something foolish with his prices.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 02:34 am:

Stan, Dave Dryden has what looks to be a very nice 5 ball for sale for 950.00. It looks like it hasn't sold yet. I think that eBay auction was just I bit of luck on the sellers part. Early T parts are on the up swing, but it's a limited market and can be flooded easily.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 08:15 am:

Wouldn't a 1909 5 ball have an upright -vertical intake on it?
The one on the auction had a 45 degree intake. That makes it later. The 45 degree intake was used for the hot air pipe to the front of the exhaust manifold.
If that is correct then this is not a 1909 carburetor?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 09:10 am:

Heck, I'd be happy just to GET my Holly 2-screw finished! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 10:57 am:

Yep that one is NOT a 1909 carb. It looks nice in the picture. That one is typical of a 1911 and while somewhat rare the 1909 has the air inlet pointing vertical. There may be other differences but that air inlet is on both of mine and that is the 1911 version of the 5 ball.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 11:00 am:

Kim, that's probably a great deal but I am so busy with repair work I don't have time to buy carbs and do them for resale. I got sick with the flu on the way to Chickasha and have been sick ever since I got home. I spent Friday afternoon there sitting in the pickup sleeping instead of out shopping.

Tim, your carbs should be done Monday. I've spent half the winter off work and have been back in the shop for the last month wading through the backlog.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 11:07 am:

I'm glad somebody else posted that about the 09 carb. I wasn't about to get in the middle of it. Here is a correct 2nd generation 09.

And one that showed up a couple days ago for a rebuild.

These are not mine. I do not have any to sell.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 11:12 am:

The one that just came in is interesting. The balls are so worn you can see how out of round they are. A couple of the seats are so worn they may have to be replaced. I took a whole chingo of pictures and was going to post them but I think I'd better get out to the shop and get to work instead.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 11:24 am:

I am also not at the MTFCA spring convention in Billings -- about 250 miles away -- because there is more than a whole chingo of carbs on the shelf and two more showed up yesterday. It is touring season, I took 6 days off and went to Chickasha even though I knew I shouldn't have and barely got a finger lifted the week after I got home; I was too busy coughing and hacking. Cranked out several this week and have three days to go -- more important than going to a convention.

I'm also not going to be in Bakersfield for those of you who thought I was going to be there. I'm going to be in the shop. Business first, that's my deal most of the time anyway.

I am however, taking next Tuesday off to go to Missoula and work the fundraiser for Montana Public Radio where I am now the 2nd longest term host of a scheduled show. 22 1/2 years. I've done fundraiser almost every year and two of the alternating hosts died in the last couple years. Beth Anne and I are the floor under the deal and it is important enough to me to be there that I am locking the door on the shop and going to help.

I am also going to take Sandi's son and his girlfriend to dinner for his 20th birthday.

I'll be back in the shop Wednesday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 02:45 pm:

Thanks Stan! I know you're busy as all get out...don't know how you keep up!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dufault on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 09:53 am:

All things considered, sounds like life is good to you in Montana! :-)

(And that was NOT intended as a first of the fourth month funny).

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration