A little O T Cost to car collectors.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: A little O T Cost to car collectors.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Thursday, March 30, 2017 - 09:11 pm:

As most of us in California know our government wants to increase our vehicle license fee AND increase the gasoline tax. I just contacted my representatives to voice my opposition and I urge all of you in do the same right now. This is how our government works. We must make our voices heard. If we don't speak out the government will assume we are good with it. This increase will make it harder to keep our Ts and As and will hurt the hobby. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 12:23 am:

I just bought a tank of regular today and was $3.039/gal. With the new tax Moonbeam wants to put on it will be about $3.179 at least! And then, since we already pay about the highest registration fees in the US, even that will go up!
To top it off, they are looking at adding sales tax to service sales; IE a haircut will have tax on it, a piano tuning too. And who has to collect and turn this tax in?? Us small business owners, that's who!
YES, contact your state reps.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 12:42 am:

How about Californians run the libtards and their programs out of
California and take their state back ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 12:58 am:

Hello David: Well Friday I filled my pu and the ARCO gas reg was $3.59 and it had been up to $3.68.9, big deal it went down a dime.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 01:05 am:

$2.14 in Wisconsin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 01:49 am:

What is the California Dept. of Corrections annual budget ?

What is the number of inmates held in California State prisons ?

Is it any wonder this state struggles to find revenue to pay for
its financial commitments ?

So much of California is exceptionally wonderful, but wow ....
there is a rotting corpse in the room and nobody wants to deal
with the problem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 01:53 am:

Hello David: Well Friday I filled my pu and the ARCO gas reg was $3.59 and it had been up to $3.68.9, big deal it went down a dime.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 01:53 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Matthiesen on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 02:40 am:

When I started working for the California Department of Transportation, Caltrans, in 1984 as a highway engineer the State was just recovering from 8 years of Jerry Brown's mismanagement. The older engineers that had built the State highway system up and survived the Brown years told how bad things got under Brown, and that couldn't happen again, the people won't stand for it. Now 32 years later I'm retired from Caltrans and it has happened again. The voters of California are such Sheep and Jackasses to elect Jerry Brown twice more.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 04:19 am:

Typical liberal government types....liberal with YOUR MONEY. They will spend you West Coast weenies into the GRAVE and they don't care. We could not believe prices out there last summer in Oregon and Washington. Unreal. Well you folks have what you want...EXCEPT SANCTUARY for the taxpayers. Gasoline here in Va $1.89 I saw last week.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 05:02 am:

Bill,
Did you fill the tank 3 times??? :-)
When we had the gas station in Dunsmuir, we were told the higher wholesale price to us was because of the cost of shipping it. Didn't explain why 90 some miles north in Ashland, OR it was cheaper!
Kevin, I don't understand it either, but here we are with Moonbeam again!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan B on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 07:25 am:

Pennsylvania has the highest gas tax in the country at 58 cents per gallon (on top of the federal 18 cent tax everyone pays).

It's not really a left versus right political issue.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_taxes_in_the_United_States

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David L Corman on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 07:40 am:

Florida---2.18

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 08:32 am:

Just had a 23 cent tax added on in N.J. $2.11 at Costco yesterday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Thomas on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 08:51 am:

Just filled up in Shenzhen, Southern China today. USD 4.25 a gallon for 97 octane premium.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 09:06 am:

Well, there's some idiot politician in Ohio who wants to TRIPLE the cost of our vehicle registrations. So it's not just Califunny who has the libTURD problems!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 09:14 am:

I have no idea what my neighbor pays...I just go over to his house at night with a syphon hose.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Roger Karlsson, southern Sweden on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 09:16 am:

Filled up in Eskilstuna, Sweden yesterday. About $6 per gallon of which about 65% is tax - and the tax part is automatically raised every year :-(
And our "dear leaders" are threatening about a shock raise of the yearly taxes for new cars. Only good thing is that 30 years and older cars are exempt from the yearly tax - and 50+ year old cars are supposed to be exempt from biannual inspections too. (Up until now there was a fixed limit 1950 and earlier)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 09:47 am:

The whole thing is out of control and the voters have nobody but themselves to blame. We keep electing "tax and spend" politicians to represent us at all levels of government regardless of our experience.

Not only are the gas tax and the VLF certain to go up, here in the county I live in (as well as a number of neighboring cities and counties) our sales tax increases tomorrow by $0.05. This increase, allegedly for street and road improvements we're already paying for with other taxes, was voter approved last November.

I would be more honest it they just used a gun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 10:03 am:

CORRECTION: The sales tax here is going up .5%. The decimal point is in the wrong place in my original post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 10:10 am:

" It's not really a left versus right political issue. "

---------------------------------------------------------

On the micro level, this is true. Tax on gasoline or car registration fees
are not really a liberal vs. conservative issue.

The discussion becomes liberal spending (based on liberal development
of government agencies that provide fund-needing services) vs. conservative
spending, or lack of government agencies/programs that need funding
when you look at the macro level of overall State budgets and what a
given State has elected to take on. To a more liberal mindset, government
should provide all sorts of services that a fiscal conservative thinks should
be the responsibility of the individual, and by extension, government has
no business doing.

California makes an interesting study, because they have teetered for years
on bankruptcy or failure to fund the ponderous programs their elected officials
have decided to take on as "government business".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 11:19 am:

Haha. 1.98 at BJs in Portsmouth NH.

They won't let me fill a 55 gallon barrel.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By R.V. Anderson on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 12:17 pm:

One word: ENTITLEMENTS.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 12:26 pm:

"entitlements" when they go to an individual.

"subsidies" when they go to a corporation.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 02:33 pm:

RV's right. We're just beginning to see the results a.k.a. destruction, of all these entitlements since '08. None of us will live long enough to see the recovery.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 02:52 pm:

Roger in Sweden: What kind of fuel gas or diesel and what kind of mileage do you get? Here in Califunny it is terrible on mileage.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 02:52 pm:

Not to get political here, but when Social Security is labeled an "Entitlement" you can be sure we're going to lose it--and it is NOT an "Entitlement" we were forced to pay into all our working lives! Its OUR money (well most of it anyway)!
As to spend, spend, spend; I used to be the City Curator in charge of 5 museums, a part-time job (the other part was managing the performing arts center). My main duty when I started was to manage the docent program so there would be plenty of happy docents to staff the museums. Well, now 4.5 years later, after my position was eliminated due to budget cuts, the docent program is falling apart, and the city has decided to hire part-time folks (they're calling them "docents" but that's a misnomer; docents, by definition are volunteers)to keep the museums open. BTW, this decision was made without consulting the docents. And at the same time the city is claiming they are 1.5 million in the hole, and they are raising the sales tax to help out.
What a mess!! Glad I'm not there now!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 03:13 pm:

David,
Your S.S. payments paid retiree's benefits at the time you paid in- it doesn't go into an account for your use. Its already gone. The problem is the workers paying in now are fewer in number and they don't make as much $$ so the pool of money available is shrinking as the number of retirees grows: it used to be 15 workers to 1 retiree, now I think the ratio is 3:1 and it will get worse over time.
An EASY fix would be to eliminate the cap on wages so a person earning 30K a year doesn't pay the same as a person making 3 billion a year, but the billionaire can afford better lobbyists and politicians...

Personally, I don't have a problem with the word "Entitlement" because the root of the word is "entitled" and you ARE entitled to Social Security if you paid into it or are disabled. as a society we decided in the 1930's not to let people suffer and die in squalor simply because they are poor or disadvantaged.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 03:29 pm:

Hi Dale,
Yes, I'm aware of what has happened, but that's not how it was supposed to work! It was all supposed to go into an investment fund (probably treasury certificates) to grow so it could be doled out later. Congress has raided the fund so now "my" money is long gone!
I believe the original intent was to provide folks a fund to retire with so they wouldn't be completely broke at retirement; it wasn't meant to be a hand-out to the poor. At least that's how it was originally sold! Of course, it was never meant to be one's sole source of income either.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Matthiesen on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 04:10 pm:

Henry in Modesto Ca., remember that the Ca. politicians have banned guns & ammo and that only criminals will have them, so the Ca. politicians shouldn't have guns.
Oh, hold on, strike that last part, the Ca. politicians are criminals. I guess you are correct Henry.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Brown on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 04:10 pm:

Gas in 1918 was 25 cents a gallon. That is equivalent to $6.17 in today dollars. So I think the cost today is quite reasonable. Gas did go down in price after 1918 to about 15 a gallon.
And the quality of the roads was not so great. However one could argue that they could be better today. And how is that paid for?
When you spend so much buying your gas guzzlers, what's the beef? I'm not talking about how much your fuel costs for your A or T. If you have to worry about that, then maybe you should find a new hobby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 04:14 pm:

No, It was always a generational pact. The first recipients never paid into it at all. Every generation was supposed to carry the one before it, and at the time it seemed a pretty safe bet: wages would rise, jobs would be plentiful and well paying in the foreseeable future (Once they got out of that "Depression"). Nobody foresaw a time when goods would be imported enmasse and well paying jobs would be exported to the cheapest off-shore bidder.
And sure enough, the fund has been raided constantly to pay for either party's pet projects.

Again, if you paid into it, you are entitled to it and yes, it wasn't originally envisioned to be the sole source of anyone's retirement funds, but not everyone's retirement years go as smoothly as we might plan them to- "the ways of mice and men..." and all that.
The alternative- to do nothing and let the old and infirm fend for themselves as best they can- just doesn't work out too well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 04:37 pm:

CORRECTION
The first recipient of S.S was Ms. Ida Miller who paid in a total of 24.75 in taxes up to January 1940 and got back 22,889.92 in lifetime benefits over the next 35 years until her death at 100 years old in 1975.
So the first wave of old aged slackers did pay in a bit after all!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 04:51 pm:

Interesting. I remember that my Dad paid the Glenn County Welfare department something every month so my Grandmother would get her "Retirement Benefits" without knowing they were any kind of a handout--which she would rather starve than take "charity." She had been self-employed all her life (and divorced Grandpa in '29), so I doubt she had much into her SS benefits. I think his brother and sister paid something too (my Aunt & Uncle). No one is left to ask what the deal was, she spent her years at first living with my Aunt, and then had a little TINY house of her own in Orland, with a BIG garden out back that she canned enough stuff for all our families to enjoy during the winter. Won many blue ribbons at the county fair for her canning too. Heck, come to think of it, those canned goods probably completely off-set our family's contributions!
I only knew of this because of a chance talk with Dad near "Grammer's" last days. At age 90 she cracked her knee cap fixing her house's roof! NO, we didn't know she was up there!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 09:22 am:

I have some good friends in the eastern half of California.

That side should break away and form "East California"....the proportion of "good solid folks" to "the willfully ignorant" rises dramatically the further you drive away from the coast.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 09:34 am:

As of recent years, I've heard politicians repeating the message about how they want to make sure people are paying, or only paying, their "fair share." _And I suppose that might be okay in a world wherein an objective, unbiased and disinterested party is making that determination, but when the guy determining your "fair share" happens also to be the guy collecting and spending your money, the likelihood of fairness is significantly diminished.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 12:50 pm:

Don, This is also true the farther north of the Bay Area and Sacramento you go. Most of us consider this to be the southern area of the Great State of Jefferson. I doubt we'll ever get the chance to form that state officially, but mentally it has already happened!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 01:09 pm:

There is government, and there is charity. One involves the willful
funding of projects, programs, and organizations that are special to
the fund holder.

The other involves the forceful taking of money by 3rd party entities
to fund projects, programs, and organizations that are special to said
3rd party entities.

Much of our culture has become confused about the differences
between these two points and has totally lost the concept of civics
and economics, .... budget (whose gonna pay for this $#@! ?)

One never need look far from any of these pet projects to find people
of VASTLY greater wealth asking the greater populace to fund THEIR
projects, yet ironically, the wealthy promoters never show much interest
in funding their projects out of their own pocket !

Hmmmm ......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 02:35 pm:

Sports arenas for example.......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 03:08 pm:

Courts, legal systems, welfare, "alien rights", .... in California, there is
no limit to the absurdity !

What Hillary Clinton projects could the Clinton Foundation support
that she tried to make the entire country pay for ? At a declared personal
wealth of "X", how is she (or Barbara Boxer, Nancy Pelosi, or Diane
Feinstein) giving it all up to live a median income existence (like the
people they wish to force to pay for their projects) to see them happen ?

Yeah ....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 03:46 pm:

So, you think only Democrats are rich or use OPM to get stuff done?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 06:21 pm:

First of all, if you want to know what I think, ask. Don't toss out words
and ideas for others to respond to.

I don't know why you'd jump to the assumptive word "Democrats". I did
not use the word "Democrats", as I do not use it very much in discussion.
I prefer more accurate terms like "liberal", "conservative", or even better,
"social liberal", "fiscal conservative", etc.

As for the previous post, I only gave blatant California examples and a singular
and well rounded national example that has had a lot of recent publicity.

I can think of no fiscal conservatives for either category that are good
examples, "Republican" or otherwise.

Feel free to give examples of either of these. I am not looking for argument.
Rather, I like a sound and civil discussion/debate where learning is the
primary objective.

Getting back to why any of this is relevant to this board, there is a large
slice of the California social and political pie that feels it is their duty in life
to tell others what to do and how to live their lives, AND on top of dictating
the how's and what's, they also impose the cost of doing so on the very people
they impose it upon.

Want to drive an old car ? I am sure I could round up 1000 signatures from
the fine folks walking around Berkeley in a single afternoon supporting a
legislative ban on icky old inefficient cars. Ten bucks says my dead, burnt
body might be found on a deserted road outside of town if I tried to rally the
same support in Butte, Montana, Burns, Oregon, or Cheyenne, Wyoming.

California politics are the few leading the many through PC madness, money,
and a sold-out media, and should the few decide your Model T is a danger
to you, and that you are incapable of protecting yourself from such threats,
they will make it a crime or fee you out of your chosen pleasure hobby.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 06:34 pm:

Words don't mean any more than the definition given them.

Conservative used to mean things such as "conservation" Someone who used things sparingly was conservative. Now it means something else.

Liberal used to mean something such as "Liberty" Now it means something such as stealing from the rich to give to the poor.

Progressive used to be "making progress" Now it means progressively implement socialism.

Today's average Republican is more liberal than the 1950's Democrat, and the democrat is more like a socialist.

Our system was founded on personal responsibility, but today the less responsibility the more handouts.

If the state of California really used the existing gas taxes and car registration fees for the purposes originally intended instead of building a train no one wants to board, we could again have the best highways in the United States.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 06:58 pm:

"As California goes, so goes the nation!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 11:32 pm:

We have a lady here in Wisconsin who is close to being a billionaire, but she paid no taxes last year because she did not have any income. Wonder what she lived on if she had no income? I guess she did not pay any money into SS either.

Best thing is I am sure she does not own a Model T, so I must be richer than she is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 11:41 pm:

If I were a millionaire, nevermind a BILLIONAIRE, I would have no income
either ! I would not work and I would spend a lot of money on the things
I enjoy .... all of which tax would be collected on.

When a person is so financially insulated from worrying about the bills getting
paid, they do not need to have a real income to keep the collection agencies
from calling.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 12:47 am:

Taxes on income from investments (capitol gains, Stock dividends) are taxed at a lower rate than income a worker would get from wages. Folks with large investment portfolios make money by having money, either earned or inherited, and pay less taxes, which (conveniently) gives them more cash to bankroll politicians that will write more tax laws that will favour them. That's how money begets money and it is perfectly legal to do. It is also probably , dollar for dollar, the smartest investment you could hope to do.

A good way to fix it would be to flat tax everyone at say 10% on ALL income, zero out all deductions and make any church that wants to play politics pay property taxes.
Unfortunately, for us peasants, the higher income brackets plow enough $$ back into lobbying and political pacs to insure the rates continue to tilt in their favour, and they've also managed to convince a lot of middle and lower income people/voters that;

A) once they get enough money for themselves from this system they'll "Trickle Down" any excess wealth to the lesser classes

and

B) despite a larger and larger share of the nation's accumulative wealth being transferred to this upper class, it is actually the people BELOW you on the social ladder that are ripping you off and holding you back!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 12:50 am:

Burger,
If you ever become a million or billionaire, for goodness sake, hire a lawyer to incorporate yourself into a "business" so any of your hobby purchases can be writ off as "business expenses"!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 12:56 am:

If we could only legislate ethics and integrity.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 06:49 pm:

Wow I guess taxes are a very popular subject. I really didn't mean to start such controversy. A couple things I have learned from your posts. California is not the only state with idiot politicians. However I still think our governor takes the cake on idiocy. Another thing I've noticed is most places in the States have lower gas prices than us . Of course most of us already know that. Other countries also are plagued with unreasonable taxes. Also some states and countries have inspection requirements for their antique cars. I was born and raised here in California and I love this state very much but I tell you the government here is making me intertain the thought of moving out. The question is to where? I don't want to leave and I don't want to trade one set of problems here for another set somewhere else. Sorry , getting off topic. Wherever you live, especially here in Cali. Let's contact our officials and tell them our concerns. NO MORE TAXES on gas or VLF.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 07:03 pm:

If cheap gas, low taxes and sunny weather are what you want,
Saudi Arabia or Venezuela is probably your best bet.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 07:10 pm:

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa. I would like to stay in the states. We have consider all the different regions and we will most likely stay west of the Rockies. I really do not want to leave but this states government is getting ( HAS GOTTEN ) ridiculous.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 07:13 pm:

In the last few days I've driven thru all of FL, crossed the bottom of Alabama and Mississippi, driven thru Lousiana and all the way across Texas in one day. Crossing thru New Mexico and into Arizona where I am now obvioust there are some things noticed since I have been on the same road for most of the trip. The simple conclusion is that the more money that is generated the worse the roads get. By this I am comparing cities to the long hauls between. As there are far more cars (traffic) on the city roads more is being collected in fuel costs. If the roads are being maintained by taxes paid at the pump then this begs a number of questions.

Now coming into Nevada and California the BEST roads should be in California because the MOST is being collected to maintain them. Experience shows however that the more spent the worse I can expect them to be.

Conclusion: For better roads reduce the taxes considerably.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 09:32 pm:

Feel free to come up and drive through Washington's freeway/highways - we have one of the highest gas taxes and most of our roads are SHOT !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 11:46 pm:

Youze guys are missing the point .... WHERE is the money being spent ?

I was recently reading that the State of California is now paying for
inmates in their prisons to have sex change surgeries ! I am quite sure
this kind of taxpayer funded program directly benefits the general population
and everyone is thrilled to direct funds toward such worthy expenditures.

What other madness is being crammed down the throats of Californians
by the Lollipop Guild ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 12:06 am:

I know, it is that kind of insanity I'm talking about. Also did you know that for every phone line you have, both land line and cell , you pay for people who won't work to have a smart phone. On every utility bill we pay for these same people to have gas and electricity. I thought we won the Cold War but this is called socialism. I guess we actually lost.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 12:24 am:

Around my house we call it "Parasite Culture".

Wut yos b mine ! Nome sain ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 02:48 am:

When taxes are raised here to "fix the roads" the money is invariable hijacked into the general fund to spend on giveaway programs that buy votes for the current horde of libtards. People don't trust the Legislature not to do it again so they won't put it on the ballot, but they need a supermajority vote to increase taxes here. Our only hope is that at least a few legislators will not want their name associated with a big tax increase. Bad news is the next election is a ways off and voters have a short memory. My plan is to put a non-op on all my old cars and just drive them whenever I want. If I get cited I'll just have to pay up for a year. Burger, I'm with you on this one. If everything and everybody I love wasn't here, I would move back to Nevada in a heartbeat.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration