Help ID threaded comutator timer rod and arm.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Help ID threaded comutator timer rod and arm.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 11:28 am:

Came in estate sale lot and most of the car was 26/27, so that would be my guess. But the engine on my 26/27 and steering column did not have this nice little feature, so I have no clue what year this would fit.
Timing rod with cotter pin end on timer cover end and threaded rod and threaded arm for steering column end. Sure would save a lot of bending.

I'll probably offer this item for sale on the classifieds and it would help to know what year we think this is from.

Thanks in advance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 11:41 am:

Neat idea! Home made not Ford item. Compare the bends to a 26/27 rod if the bends match that would be the years it would fit. The 09-25 rods have different bends but bet it could be rebent and made to work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 03:37 pm:

That darn Bubba. I may just have to keep this one and put it on the War Wagon. Now, to look at those rattle springs half way up the steering column . .

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration