My Model T Will Be On a Made-For-TV Movie Series !....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: My Model T Will Be On a Made-For-TV Movie Series !....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 11:42 am:

....on the AMC channel beginning Saturday 8 April at 8:00 pm CST. It's called 'The Son' and this series of 8 shows is supposed to take place in Texas from 1900-1915. The star is that favorite son of Texas, Pearce Brosnan. Yeah, go figure. But there'll be several shots of my '14 Ford runabout and a few of my red '10 Maxwell and blue '11 Hupp. Unfortunately the Star Car is a TT chassis with a garishly silly wood cab. And the T engine was removed and a rather large 3 phase electric motor installed so the actors could be heard. And you'll even see a real nice '24 fordor along with a '22 center door in this 1900--15 show. But the pay was good. The $400 @ day per car enabled me to have a KC Warford installed in the '26 roadster and a SCAT crank installed -both by Ross Lilleker- in the '14 runabout. But watch the series and buy from the commercials so they'll make an updated series.... the '26 tudor, roadster and '29 open pickup needs the work !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 11:47 am:

That sounds fun. I'm glad to hear of it.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 12:57 pm:

I saw the previews for it- looks interesting, but couldn't they have used a REAL Texan for the lead?

Seriously, was Gary Busey really too busy?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 02:14 pm:

Congratulations on your new-found Hollywood fame!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Craig Raynor in Southampton on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 02:39 pm:

I will be watching ,I don't watch much TV but to see some Ts I turn it on.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 09:37 pm:

What is a bonus here ...

You re-invested in your home state ....

Plus you supported a good family owned & operated business to boot !

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 09:57 pm:

Here's one of the official trailers with a nicely worn TT featured. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBwJLfJcOfA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 10:02 pm:

George, that's fantastic!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Chillingworth on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 10:17 pm:

Awesome, George!
Rich C.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hughes, Raymond, NE on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 12:06 am:

Almost makes me wish I had cable. Not quite, but almost.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 12:27 am:

Get your pic taken George ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J. Marino - League City, Texas on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 07:29 am:

Great Sonny!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 07:34 am:

Very cool. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 08:48 am:

To the George in Missourah: I enjoyed the visit with you and Steve at Chickasha. No ....I didn't get my mug into the movie Early on I was skeptible about the production so I told the Picture Car Coordinator that I would drive or move my cars around when needed. He said OK. Fine. Go to wardrobe. I did and was fitted with a 3 piece wool suit for my $175 @ day extra/driver role. Did that for ONE 18 hour summer day on a Texas ranch when the temp hit 103 degrees.. Told the PCC that his teamsters and other local T drivers can have the cars after that...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 11:05 am:

I have a friend who's 1920s car appeared in Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries...I would have gladly donated my car and time free of charge for a chance to meet her...

Here's some nice period correct photos :

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 11:17 am:

To the George in Missourah: I enjoyed the visit with you and Steve at Chickasha. No ....I didn't get my mug into the movie Early on I was skeptible about the production so I told the Picture Car Coordinator that I would drive or move my cars around when needed. He said OK. Fine. Go to wardrobe. I did and was fitted with a 3 piece wool suit for my $175 @ day extra/driver role. Did that for ONE 18 hour summer day on a Texas ranch when the temp hit 103 degrees.. Told the PCC that his teamsters and other local T drivers can have the cars after that...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 11:24 am:

Sorry for the duplicate :o(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 11:55 pm:

GOOD to catch up with you too George . Did ya ever catch up with that low down, dirty, scum sucking plug rustler ???

Geo. n Missourah

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sayer on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 06:28 pm:

Congrats we are excited to see the show, mostly due to the T's

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 10:51 pm:

I came in the middle of the movie and it's boring as hell! Haven't seen any T's yet and I don't think I'll make it to see them!

Willis

Nope, didn't make it......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jenell Larson on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 12:00 am:

Congratulations! That sounds fun.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 12:48 am:

When I saw that guy crank that truck, thought he was going to break his arm for sure !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J. Marino - League City, Texas on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 07:31 am:

Looking forward to seeing y'all at the Kerrville T Party. If you bring your TT I'll bring mine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 08:32 am:

Very cool. Immortalized in film.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By alan mcclure on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 11:24 am:

its set in 1915 according to opening naritive but i saw a 26?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 12:01 pm:

Alan,

In case you missed it, most people think T's date to the Civil War and
we are occasionally asked if we are the original owners. Most people
are:

a. clueless about history

b. just plain stupid

c. in a hurry to the Quickie Mart for some beer and cigs

d. apathetic and ignorant, or

e. all of the above

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Strickling on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 12:07 pm:

I watched the show last night. TOOOOO Many commercials and I noticed the several post 1915 Model Ts as well as the weird looking, time traveling TT.

Wish my cars could be in a movie accurate or not.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 12:33 pm:

Well, a close second, after that horrid display of cranking technique, I was amazed that that old truck had so much juice in its apparently non-existent battery that you could shine its oddly placed headlights on an opening near the creek long enough to converse with, fight, kill and bury a person all under their way-too-bright glare!

When I'm killing people in a place familiar to me on a moonlit night, I don't need no steenkin' lights!

And speaking of unnecessary illumination, who knew Amerindian camps (Comanche?, Carrizo?, Karankawa?) kept such huge, wasteful, attention attracting fires blazing all night?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration