Brass cloth covers not complete set

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Brass cloth covers not complete set
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Troy Todd on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 03:03 pm:

Does anyone make or know where I can get the pieces separately for a cover set? I only see them for sale in complete sets. I don't have a carbide generator and already have the headlight covers. Really wanting the hub covers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 03:09 pm:

A good fabric store should carry the material to make silver covers or check on line.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 03:23 pm:

Socks, available at many clothing stores!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Troy Todd on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 03:31 pm:

I was thinking socks but I figured they would stretch out quickly. My sister suggested draw string jewelry bags. A bag for the horn might be nice also. I have been using microfiber bowling ball bags for the headlights.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 04:58 pm:

I found the cloth for silver on line and it was easy to sew up covers.

check this anti tarnish cloth out 3 feet x 58" for $12. free shipping!

https://www.amazon.com/Anti-tarnish-Tarnish-Free-Silver-Cloth/dp/B01N8P4ZSU

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 05:10 pm:

I lost one hub cover and was able to get it from Langs. Don't know if I was just lucky or that they sell pieces as well as the whole set.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary H. White - Sheridan, MI on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 09:53 pm:

There used to be a primo whiskey (Crown Royal?) that came in a nice felt bag with a draw string. Well, in a bottle in a cloth bag.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Troy Todd on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 01:09 am:

It was Crown Royal.

I'll ask Lang's if they sell separates.

That's an interesting material. I've never heard of it. It's not even expensive. I'll have to check into it further. I was trying to figure out how to cover the brass edges of my running boards. That might work.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 02:43 am:

WHY would we cover brass ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 06:08 am:

Burger, have you ever seen rust on brass that's been covered? Works every time.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 10:30 am:

Don Langs sister makes those covers. I was able to get her to redo the bulb horn covers, because they didn't fit. She did it for me, and I hope she continues to do it for all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 10:24 pm:

Burger.... It gives you an excuse to not drive your T every day. Takes just too long to get all those covers off. Just kidding but True

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 11:56 pm:

Some things are just a bad idea. Polished brass and little covers
sound like one of them.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/bad-idea-jeans/n9937?snl=1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Troy Todd on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 12:22 am:

edit

(Message edited by 1912Max on April 02, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 09:57 am:

Langs used to sell them individually, but I haven't looked lately to see if they still do. Give 'em a call. They might have some laying around.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 10:08 am:

Nancy Curtain is Don's sisters name.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 12:28 pm:

Whatever you do, don't get those lousy white cotton covers. The sewing job is terrible! I bought some real nice canvas exterior/ felt interior covers many years ago and they're sturdy. I think it was a specialty vendor in the back of the Vintage Ford.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 08:04 pm:

If you have a sewing machine and some thread, you certainly can make your own just by buying a couple bucks worth of material online!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration