Model T The car that changed the world

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Model T The car that changed the world
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Goodrich on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 06:40 pm:

HI: Does anyone have the Book By Bruce ???? (The Model T Ford that changed the world ). Reason why I'm asking is because I need one or two pages out of it copied off and E-Mailed to me.

It's the Daily Production Figures that I want to get for the Milwaukee, WI. Ford Plant as that Plant made the Model T's there from about 1916,1917,and then 1918 as that plant was closed in October of 1918 to become a army 1,000 bed surgical hospital.

But let me know if anyone can do this for me

Thanks Jeff Goodrich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 07:23 pm:

I'm looking at the CD version of the encyclopedia (includes everything in the book, plus much more) and I don't see production figures broken out by plant location until 1921.

I also see production figures for Milwaukee from 1921 through 1927.

Am I doing something wrong?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 07:31 pm:

"Am I doing something wrong?"

That's between you and your conscience, Mark.... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 07:31 pm:

Jeff, kind of re-iterating what Mark just said re the CD...in my soft-bound copy of Bruces book, page 461 it says "There are no known records of production by assembly branch operations prior to 1921."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 07:53 pm:

Thanks, Dick! :-O

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 09:10 pm:

From quick search, found tidbits on Ford Milwaukee Ford plant production.

The Automobile Aug. 17, 1916

and

The Automobile Dec 5, 1918

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 10:10 pm:

Off on a tangent: "The shortage of skilled labor" You know where I'm leaning with this...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Goodrich on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 05:13 am:

Dan, Yes I have read that stuff before but it's wrong, As Ford had until December 1, 1918 to vacate that Ford Plant, As I have the contract stating that.

And Ford signed that contracts, And in there it does say that the Building will be used as a 1,000. Bed Army Research Surgical Hospital.

But yes I have a copy of both of those ads, As well that where in the Milwaukee NewsPaper, But I was e-mailed by a guy, not long ago That says the Daily Production Figures for the Model T's are in that book, That I have said before.

As I'm doing Research on that Milwaukee Ford Plant and this is a Big Part of the Research. That I'm doing and need to find this information out on the Model T's and the Model A's as well. And for that matter any Daily Records after the Model A's would also be great to find.

That are the True Daily Records that is for that Milwaukee Ford Plant. If that can be found at all. As this book has something about the Ford Plat in it about the Milwaukee Ford Plant.

So if there's anything in that book about the Ford Milwaukee Plant other then those ads like the Production Figures please E-Mail them to this E-Mail address modelasuzzie@gmail.com doesn't matter what year the production figures are for just as long as there either Model T or Model A's production records

Thanks let me know

Jeff Goodrich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 09:11 am:

Jeff

Bruce's book, has lists of production as posted for years 1921-1927 for the USA assembly branch plants. The charts are year only, no daily production numbers.
The closest together records are engine production, by serial number, as all came from the Highland Park plant, these are weekly numbers.

Here is partial copy from his book, page 468, showing the branch yearly output in 1922 by type of Fords and Ford trucks at all branch assembly plants.

The Milwaukee total was 43,802.

The book only concerns the Model T Ford, no references to detail of any branch assembly plant.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Goodrich on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 06:23 am:

HI:
Dan, I take it this book doesn't have the daily production Figures like I was told it did. As that's what I'm really looking for is the Daily Production Figures for the Milwaukee Plant.

as you say it doesn't have any detail to any plant or branch. So I have ordered a few other books that say the same thing as I was told this book had in it.

I just hope that those books have the daily production Figures in them.

But thanks for sending me a copy of this as I can still use this information in my studies. And the research of the Milwaukee Plant, As that's getting to be a never ending battle. To find the information that I need to find yet.

As there's so much to find yet. That I'm not even close to being done with the research. On the Milwaukee Plant, I think I will have about another year or so to go maybe two years who knows.

But thank you so much for sending this to me as I will copy it off and put it with the rest of the papers that I have.

Jeff Goodrich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Goodrich on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 08:37 pm:

Dan,

Your a model T guy through and through and that's why I'm contacting you. I ran into this article the other day, And it was all about Ford owning another Plant in Wisconsin it was close to Milwaukee as well. But other then the Milwaukee Plant and this wasn't a service building. It was a factory of some sort but what I have no clue. As I was in a hurry to get off the net when I spotted it and I didn't stop to copy it off as this was back in the Model T's and A's time frame. but now I can't find it at all. But I thought that with you being a Model T guy. I just thought that maybe run into that before or known about it. But let me know what you think about it. As I would really like to find it again, as I then can add that to my Milwaukee Research, as well as allot of people don't even know about that plant being there at all in that time frame.

Jeff

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 10:53 pm:

Jeff

Don't know of any details in that state. Maybe you can backtrack on your computer and look at last viewed web-pages.

This map of the USA from Ford Industries shows with a legend the type of plants in different states by Ford in 1926.

The Milwaukee plant is marked with 'A in a circle', noting that plant as Assembly only.

Other plants are marked "A-Mfg" for manufacture and assembly, some marked Mfg only, some plants as service only, along with mines, timbers, railroads, and ports.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 11:33 pm:

Jeff, if you see History at the top of your screen, click on it to get a list of all the websites where you've been.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 09:05 am:

Personally, I prefer to delete my history every time I close out the computer. In fact, I have my settings now such that it happens every time I close my browser. Don't know for sure, but I'm thinking it helps keep "peeping eyes" out of my business, possibly slowing down spammers. Can't stop hackers, as they'll get deep into the hard drive if they want it bad enough.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration