Fan belt tracking

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Fan belt tracking
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Eddie on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 08:28 pm:

Anyone found a way to "encourage" the fan belt to track away from the timer. My 26 has a fair amount of room on either side of the belt in the fan belt pulley. I realize being a flat belt it is designed to float a certain amount. Trouble is with the spark lever in full advance the belt is touching the spark lever where it attaches to the timer housing.
If I could get the belt to run forward,...toward the fan blade that would help.

Dave Eddie

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 09:15 pm:

I use one of those belt guides that the vendors sell on my '27. It was a bit of a pain to install but works fine

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 10:33 pm:

The belt adjustment "cam" on the later '26 & '27 can go either way - towards or away from the timer. Look at which way your adjustment "knob/square" is headed - towards the timer adjusts it away - towards the water pipe is towards the timer.

If you have an early '26, it has a bolt adjustment that I don't recall if it also goes both ways.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Eddie on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 01:28 pm:

Thanks, that's just what I was looking for

Dave

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration