My $8 ebay special

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: My $8 ebay special
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Oneal Lee on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 11:30 pm:

Found this on ebay and jumped on it. With $14 shipping I thought it was a good deal. Never owned one but wanted it for display at car show.
Neal

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert G. Hester Jr., Riverview, FL on Friday, March 31, 2017 - 11:34 pm:

Ya' done good, Neal. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 12:35 am:

Nice find!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 01:00 am:

I love those things! Almost any neat little trinket that was part of our automobile culture back in the day.
Nice catch. I would say the price was right.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 04:04 am:

They should have stuck to foot heaters, and given banking a miss!!!!

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert L. Rogers on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 06:19 am:

Haha Allan. Good one!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 06:21 am:

I have a Clark's bought but have not picked it up yet. It has no "carpet" on it. I wonder if some came without the carpet? Where might I get replacement carpet that looks right? I probably will never actually use the heater, just display it in my '21 Touring.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 07:28 am:

Good part. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 10:16 am:

That is an amazing buy. I almost bid on it. I'm glad you got it.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 12:23 am:

My grandfather was a dairy farmer and a square dance caller on Saturday evenings around the county. They had a early 20's model t touring that they drove to the dances. In the colder weather my grandmother had a novel way to keep warm on those cold late night drives.

She heated water on the wood stove and poured it into a metal 5 gallon milk can and sealed it up with the lid. They placed the can between them and then threw a lap robe over their legs and the milk can. It stayed warm both to and from the dances. I'm sure they never had the money to purchase the charcoal foot warmers, so they made do.

just sayin'

brasscarguy

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration