OT - For a brief and shining moment........... Ford Model K

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT - For a brief and shining moment........... Ford Model K
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 12:26 am:

There are many new forum members since I used to post routinely. So the histories they read often don't denigrate the reputation of the Model K too much, I am inclined to offer this old clip. For a "brief and shining moment (Camelot)," Ford did indeed produce the fastest, sleekest, least expensinve "big car" on the market. It was the breadwinner for Ford in 1906, providing 85% of the new car sales profit, and was a solid profit maker in 1907 and still in 1908. In fact, it outperformed the Model N in 1906 and 1908 in earnings.

Never mind it was also the only production Ford to hold a world speed record until the late 1950's.

The Ford "Six"

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ivxqgslyq3hd8sk/2014-03-26%2008.02.04.mov?dl=0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Noonan - Norton, MA. on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 01:02 am:

Rob, you don't have to be new to the hobby to appreciate the beauty and speed of the K. Love it, thanks for posting the vid. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 01:08 am:

Thanks John. I'm in "retro mode." Another video. This one covers Henry Ford's six cylinder racer, 1904 - 1909. The racer actually took shape in Ford's mind in 1903. It was still being entered in contests as late as 1909. Don't tell me Henry Ford disliked the six cylinder motor..... :-)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xsfzm0bvkmt2qfg/2013-11-30%2020.16.32.mov?dl=0

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 02:07 am:

Rob,
What can I say!!! Words fail me. Absolutely Fabulous!!!
A fantastic compilation from all the hard research you have done over the last few years.
Congratulations.

Very best regards, John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 04:57 am:

It is late, fairly quiet for the moment. So, I got out my headphones, and watched both of these videos, from beginning to the end. I also thoroughly enjoyed the music. The first video had mostly film scores for the music? I recognized most of them, but could actually only name one.
So many wonderful pictures of model K Fords, both modern survivors and original era photos. All nicely shown with the musical accompaniment. Very enjoyable indeed.
The second video of the special Ford six racing car noted historic high spots while showing so many wonderful old photos of such a unique automobile!
Music accompaniment by Steppenwolf "Born to be Wild" is quite fitting for such a wild car. I thought following that with "Hey Good Lookin" by Hank Williams worked out very well.

Rob, Take care of you and those daughters of yours.
I hope I can see you back to posting regularly here. When you are ready.
Drive carefully my friend, and enjoy. W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 07:49 am:

Glad to see the clips of the Model K history, granddaddy of the Model T. Always enjoyable but now you need to run a few of yours running down the highway for the newbees.

I noticed several different colors of "K's" at modern car gatherings...white, blue, red, did buyers order whatever color they wanted or Ford just shipped those colors as factory finishes?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 08:29 am:

Thank you for the clips

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 09:40 am:

Rob, Nice! Keep up the good work.

Keith in Billings

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrison - Rice, Minnesota on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 11:01 am:

Finally a Model K fix. The withdrawal was getting tough on this old man. Thank you Rob.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 04:38 pm:

Before radio and tv people read the paper and Henry was getting a lot of publicity and free advertising with racing the big six.When the auto was for the rich Henry had that covered with the Model K and 640. Henry also had the low price covered with the Model N.Good on ya Rob,you have been missed!!!!! Bud.PS,I through some feed out and our fish came up so spring has sprung! Bud.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration