What Did You Do With Your T Today? APRIL

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: What Did You Do With Your T Today? APRIL
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 09:50 am:

Gettin' pretty close...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jesse L. Ashcraft on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 10:08 am:

Went to Shandon this week to pick up the motor. The livery is OSU colors (my niece and nephew are both in that cult). BJ put a flourish on the fan blades to remind me of an airplane propeller.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 10:10 am:

Nice! I like the support box too. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jesse L. Ashcraft on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 10:21 am:

>>>I like the support box too.<<<

I like it too. The engine/transmission fit on that cradle like a glove. Greg Moorehead made that out of scrap. I made notes of the dimensions so if I ever need one again, I'll just fabricate it. I notched and screwed a 1" x 6" x 5' board to the open side for transport to give it a bigger foot print on my pickup bed so when I'm taking corners at 90 mph, there's no tendency to the package to tip over.

(Message edited by jesselashcraft on April 01, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 01:05 pm:

We drove up to Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood for breakfast this morning!

; ^ )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 05:41 pm:

Took some college kids, who had never seen a Model T, for a ride. Last night, Friday, the Baylor University Men's Choir performed at our church and church members hosted the guys in our homes for the night---all 113 guys in the choir. We brought two of them home for the night. They needed to be back at church this morning by 9 AM so Frank and I drove them to town. They even learned how to crank Frank. Fun day and a great concert.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 07:26 pm:

Decided I had enough of winter and got the pickup out for its first ride.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob on Upper Texas Gulf Coast on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 08:09 pm:

Space City Ts did a little one day tour on Galveston Island

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 09:29 pm:

Put about 25 miles on RPU today. Hauled a load of implement tires and a door home for a neighbor. Took the wife for dinner for our anniversary and went to a bon fire at sons house. Will have to think about gas tomorrow and start a new T day.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 09:35 pm:

My friend from high school just moved back from North Dakota and came over today. I went to start my 14 and well those 3 pulls that always start it when I'm by myself turned into 15 or 25 since he was watching.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 05:45 am:

Last Friday eight coils to be rebuild arrived at home. After cleaning I found, on one of them, an inscription( see photo). This coil was easy to rebuild just need new point and be set on the HCCT and it was done. The other coils needed a total rebuild.

It is time to get the T out for a ride.

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Brown - Austin, Texas on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 07:57 am:

Had a problem with the water pump (which was on the car when I bought it), so I tossed it and went back to the way a T was meant to be. While I was at it, I installed a new exhaust gasket, removed the valve cover and put oil in the reservoir for valve lubrication. The HAL overhead is designed with a deep sump around the valves to insure good lubrication.HAL1HAL2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 09:31 am:

I don't know if you can see this without a FB account, but I'll post it and you can try it. My cousin Eric was here with his daughter and grandkids, so we went to breakfast by Model T runabout.

https://www.facebook.com/eric.parker.1610/videos/vb.100000573255046/158869589115 9504/?type=2&theater&notif_t=video_reply&notif_id=1491109022018043

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 12:18 pm:

I have a Facebook account, and I can't see it. Your cousin must have it posted to Facebook friends only. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 12:54 pm:

Oh. Well, in that case here are the still highlights. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 06:39 pm:

Well, being I couldn't get a rise out of anyone from my April 1st post yesterday, I'll just move onto today.

Took the pickup out for it's first ride today. We have owned it over 12 years and had only driven it a 1/2 mile when we got it. From this first mile and a half drive, I obviously still have ALOT to do.

First notably is to install the coil box cover. Coil #2 seems to consistently jump out of place. The box is all redone with a Fun Projects kit, but the coils don't have that snug fit as they do on my 26/7 coil box.

Second is to tighten up all the bands. I have not alot of braking---had to pull back on the park brake a few times.

Third, figure out the timer setting. I have an Anderson (just like my doodlebug) and it doesn't really seem to make a difference where it is.

And so much more to do. But I am glad I redid the front end, it was nice and smooth and no shimmy at all.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Spadafore on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 09:01 pm:

Spent a couple days installing new band linings and sealing up oil leaks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 09:41 pm:

Installed newly painted hand crank, installed both manifolds and torqued, painted oil filler cap.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By King Martin on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 10:06 pm:

Installed engine for speedster

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 12:23 am:

Did a pre-season systems check and when all looked good, took
the old dog out for a 10 mile run. Started on the first pull too !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 12:24 am:

Forgot to attach a photo:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 12:50 am:

Yesterday I fired up the TT dump truck and hauled a load of trash to the dump. When I got there I was backing ol' dumpy into the tipping floor and there were some guys with a couple of late model Ford diesel powered pickups standing in the beds shoveling trash out. They looked at me like I was from another planet. Who would come here with this old piece of junk? I pulled the crank out, dumped my load, lowered the bed and in about sixty seconds and was out of there before they knew what happened to them. They tipped their hats to me on the way out.
King, what is that polished flathead? A Gemsa or Sherman? Looks cool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 12:54 am:

I pressure washed the block, pan and hogs head on my 27 Tudor rebuild project. Hauling it into Spokane for cylinder boring and pan straightening on Tuesday.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 04:10 am:

Drove the runabout to town for groceries and found over six inches of play in the steering wheel. Loose Pitman arm. Tightened the nut and got back to normal steering.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 09:38 am:

Worked on making the bulb horns honk louder. Think it worked.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 11:21 am:

Gol, Tim, you shoulda at least posted a picture for us of how much louder your horn blew !!

My progress - one down, two to go ! Cleaning and filling the oil lamps, new wicks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 06:41 pm:

Drove it again. Actually I was the passenger this time, experienced T gentleman from our club drove it to get me his opinion and things I should continue working on. But still went out for a short jaunt. Got lots of thumbs up. Can't believe I put it off getting this going for so long. Lots of rain predicted the rest of the week, good time to take more stuff apart.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 07:52 pm:

Rich I would but don't know how to take a pic of a horn blowing!! Ha ha. I'll get a pic loaded into the 'puter though about my work. Other than that, I went FOR A RIDE!! Got to 70 today so took a club buddy out for a spin and visited a couple of other clubbers. Great afternoon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 08:09 pm:

OK, per Rich's request...here's how I made the horn blow louder! He and I have been yacking back
'n forth about theories and both agree the reed needs to be up by the bulb, but wasn't sure if needed anything "special" to do so. Well, it doesn't. I just slipped the little bugger down in the thimble right under the bulb, with a little silly-cone to hold it in place. Works like a charm, and much better sound. This one is for the '13, the '12 is similar except it has a longer thimble between the bulb and the body mount is all. (No, this is not on the car!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 09:27 pm:

Thanx to Jack Daron for a handy tip.

He told me that this rivet holding the top sockets together is made of unobtainium these days, thus saving me from wasting a lot of time looking for one.

So I made it myself. I took a carriage bolt to the machine shop at the juco and made the rivet, then brought it home and prettied it up with a drill and sandpaper. I should have the top back together soon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RICHARD GRZEGOROWICZ on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 10:07 pm:

TOOK THE HEAD OFF MY T TODAY, GLAD I DID,FENDERS AND RADIATOR IS OFF SO IT WAS EASY,FOUND THE WATER JACKET HAD BEEN HOME TO SOME SMALL NUT STORING CREATURE,MAN IT WAS LOADED,THIS CAR IS NEW TO ME SO JUST GIVEING IT A GOOD LOOK AT.ENGINE WAS LAST RUN SOME TIME IN THE LATE 60'S.LATE OWNERS SON WILL BE VISITING HIS MOM SOON AND WILL FILL ME IN WITH ITS HISTORY,THE MRS TOLD ME ITS BEEN IN HER HUSBAND'S FAMILY FROM NEW.ITS HAD A TOUGH LIFE.GREG

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Yoder, Iowa City IA. on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 10:14 pm:

Made 10-32 -5/16 THIN jam nuts for coils.jn

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 11:59 pm:

Got it home got it serviced and got my list for things that need attention and started doing them
Hopefuly be good enouf to enjoy the summer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 12:06 am:

Steve best key that pitman arm nut

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 12:08 am:

Steve best key that pitman arm nut this time

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 12:54 pm:

This a few weeks worth. I rebuilt the inner wood and reinstalled the gas tank. Over the weekend I did the upholstery and steering wheel.

Just because it looks uncomfortable from the outside dosen't mean it has to be. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 02:17 pm:

Installing new "Green Gripper" linings from Chaffin's onto my original period AC brakes. Got one side done, took a break for lunch, will finish the other side this afternoon.

The upper half of the old linings (also Green Gripper) wore much faster than the lower half, makes sense I guess, since I do much more braking when going forward than reverse. I got about 3500 miles out of the old set of linings.

pic1

pic2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 05:19 pm:

All done with the AC brake re-line. I decided to remove and install the brake bands from under the car, without removing the rear wheels - I don't know if would have made the job easier to remove the wheels or not.

I did a preliminary adjustment in the garage, verifying a good pedal height with the brake pedal fully depressed, while ensuring that I could still push the car around in the garage while in neutral.

The final adjustment will be done after a few short drives, comparing brake band temperatures side-to-side to get them even and both warm (but not smoking hot).

pic1

pic2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Lester in Floyd, VA on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 08:26 pm:

Managed to worry and struggle this shrunken and hardened old Firestone onto a rim. Had to resort to total epithet immersion. Yikes!On the rim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 08:53 pm:

Cleaned up a set of tires and wheels I got with a rolling chassis in an estate sale and put them on the War Wagon.
A little too French Whorehouse for now, but should tarnish back a little. The stain on the spokes is call, appropriately enough, gunstock.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matthew C. McCullough on Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 09:58 am:

Pulled the engine back out of my '27 Coupe. It was a nearly new rebuild that I found locally. I much more correct and complete engine than the one that came with it, it just had a very loud knock in it once I got it running. Turned out to be the center main. It appears the shim stacks were put in wrong during final assembly. Everything is now set to .0015, so hopefully no knocks during run-in this time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 12:18 pm:

And, this morning, I mounted my license plate on the War Wagon.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 01:29 pm:

Spending time getting ready for the Portland Swap Meet. My T is going to have to spend some time outside but I have peeked under the cover to let her know that she is not abandoned, poor orphan step child. ;)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthony J. Marino - League City, Texas on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 06:44 am:

More photos from Space City T's Galveston tour.

G

B

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 11:00 am:

Mounted spare tire to two carriage bolts and wing nuts and painted spare tire cover OD green. Getting War Wagon ready for some WWI anniversary events this month.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 09:53 pm:

Little by little I'm getting there.

Now if only I could make it run...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 10:15 pm:

Tim, what seems to be the trouble?
James G, what did you do to that steering wheel? That's different. By the way, that interior looks great!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 10:15 pm:

Looks good Tim. The color really pops in the sun!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 09:19 am:

Duey, my trouble seems to be a very hit-and-miss ignition switch. I have some ideas on how what I'm going to do about it on a thread elsewhere but in the meantime I'm mostly chipping away at making a new pickup bed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 10:42 am:

Tim,

You may want to bolts those pick up bed boards in; they may slid out going up a hill :-):-).

Nice truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James G Fisher III Peachtree City, GA on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 01:37 pm:

Duey,
The steering wheel was 2 1/2 inches over on the diameter from 94 years of abuse and skirmishes. I reformed each arm to bring it down to the proper diameter and give me some belly room. Trial and error, scrap wood and a hydrolic press. No problem :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, April 07, 2017 - 11:04 pm:

Tim, I get ya and that pickup bed is looking good!
James, I get ya! :-) If it works, that's the right way to do it...
I dilly-dallied on mine a bit yester and today in the lifter/valve area. Pulled (forced) the generator out and valve cover to see about valve clearances and I wasn't happy. A sand-blaster has been near this car in the past.
Not bad but still.
I hate sand-blasters on assembled machines almost as much or worse than I hate magnetic parts. NOT strongly dislike. HATE.
The generator nose that fits in the mount had been beaten into place and I filed the bludgeons down so it fit again.

blast

See the white specks around the center main bolt? Blasting sand. In the valve cover? Ugh.

blast2

More white specks. Not lice nits (eggs) ;-)

blast3
So I fashioned some "corks" for the drain holes and went at it with brake cleaner and compressed air to clean up.

In the end, I forgot to check all of the stem/lifter clearances after clean up... Gee Duane, ya think? Yeah, I forgot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 07:08 pm:

Started the T and turned it around in the garage so I can begin rebuilding the front end when it warms up. I will start with the king pins and then see what I need to do after that

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 08:59 pm:

I filled my rad with water today to leak check it before I use antifreeze and discovered the strangest leak:

The centre frost plug looks like it has a 1/16" hole drilled dead centre. For the time being I just jammed a toothpick in it so I could get on with moving forward on the car but it will be properly fixed before I get this thing on the road.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 07:12 pm:

We took a ride around town do some errands after church but it looks like someone forgot to check the gas before we left home.

1911 model t - No gas

Luckily my passengers didn't mind too much until help arrived.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 07:46 pm:

I drove Betsy to the St. Louis Museum of Transport Vintage Ford show today. Round trip of 62 miles. Betsy handled it like a champ, ran cool and used 4 gallons of gas. It was very windy and hot on the drive home! :-)

pic1

pic2

pic3

pic4

pic5

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 08:05 pm:

WOW!! That's alot of red, looks like a Porsche or perhaps Viper red. I like white interiors in Mopars, I don't think a T is a right fit for it though. We just get them to dirty.

Anywho, I finally got the rear axle out of long term storage that we rebuilt 5 years ago and got some paint on it. A few more items to tend to and I can install it.

I also decided to chase a knock I had on the engine. I pulled down the center main. I did not bother to plastigage it, although I probably should have. As you can see, there is a nasty crack and the babbit has been hammered on pretty good in that area, and no shims were in the block.

I found another cap in my stash and got it to .002" clearance. and it required a couple of shims so I'll be good to go in the future---or until I tear it down.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dunn on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 08:18 pm:

I took the grandkids out for their first ride in a T. I don't know who was more excited about it, me or them! I also want to thank the unknown previous owner who restored my T 50 years ago or so. "Emma" still runs and drives great, even though she's acquired some patina since then.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 08:47 pm:

A little more assembly today. Carb on, linkage on,timer on hot air pipe on but a bear.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 10:28 pm:

Is there such a thing as a Doctor's Touring?

Not exactly on the car, but an accessory. I used my $2 soldering iron from Chickasha to plug a pinhole in one of the running board cans.

It ain't purdy, but it don't leak none.

Pleasant weather has arrived, so I went for the first after-dinner evening drive of the season.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Mayne on Monday, April 10, 2017 - 08:20 am:

Crank Crank Crank--- the '14 Speedster would not start after cranking Sat eve. I had finally recovered from throwing out my back cranking on the thing in early March at the Club clinic in Cold Spring, MN. It ran great that day but was a bit cold rom the trailer ride to the clinic. This past Sat. was hoping to take a nice evening ride. After cranking 13 times and not firing I started the diagnosis. No gas, yes gas, yes air and yes spark. gave up, cracked a beer and slept on it. Sunday AM at it again and no start. After calling Andy L and racking his brain I tried a few more tricks. cylinders were washed at this point so added some 2 cycle oil to get compression back. bought a can of starting fluid, my biggest preaching no no no. and got it to fire on the fluid for a bit to burn out the 2 cycle and noticed none of the exhaust ports were NOT sealed, as the 2 cycle oil smoke was clearly extruding through them. Another beer in the chair and thinking i believe when I installed the gland rings and brass crush washers during manifold install I also used the green gaskets hence doubling up which has created a sealing problem with the intake, hence the fuel is not getting into the cylinders to fire. The green gaskets appear to be cracked in a few places. Engine has had about 30 minutes of run time with new green gaskets post install. I'll tear off intake this week and reseal, exhaust manifold as well. Hoping issue is resolved. My body is wrecked in pain this AM. No pain no gain right?. Upgrading to a push button T is becoming more and more appealing but the challenge of working on 106 year old technology as simple as it is fulfilling.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Monday, April 10, 2017 - 08:50 am:

I cranked a bunch yesterday too. I put a Stromberg LF on my 14 and drove about 2 miles. I came back and went and got gas and came back. I'm in denial that my mag needs recharging and I flooded it trying to start it. Switched to battery but it was too flooded. I could get it unflooded with the 4 ball Kingston but I'm new to the Stromberg. I waited about 30 minutes, then fired it up and went about 20 miles. Killed it twice, started right back on batt. Seems to perform better with the Stromberg. Can really tell in reverse taking off. I need a longer throttle rod because you have to pull the throttle up and over the quadrant for idle. It was like shifting a 3 speed into low to accelerate. Other than that I'm going to with the Stromberg.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham on Monday, April 10, 2017 - 10:46 am:

Got into the door latch on my runabout, going to build up the wear in the striker, see if that stops the door from rattling !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Monday, April 10, 2017 - 12:32 pm:

LOL Jake and Corey. I'm doing some carb experimenting with my speedster and it's hand crank only. When it's not cooperating it makes me think "Man, cranking is cool when everything is tuned right but I could definitely use a starter right now."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve in Tennessee on Monday, April 10, 2017 - 08:26 pm:

I washed the cut-off (wife helped!), made a slight adjustment to the brakes trying to balance the Ford and AC brakes, and then drove about 10 miles into town to get gas. Got passed by a car with a bunch of kids with their heads out the window so I blew the horn for them.

First day on the road this year. I was nice...and surreal...I mean...a clean car and all that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Robinson, Salty Bottom, AL on Monday, April 10, 2017 - 08:34 pm:

Steve, did Holly make you a special blend of soap for Lenis?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve in Tennessee on Monday, April 10, 2017 - 08:46 pm:

I washed the cut-off (wife helped!), made a slight adjustment to the brakes trying to balance the Ford and AC brakes, and then drove about 10 miles into town to get gas. Got passed by a car with a bunch of kids with their heads out the window so I blew the horn for them.

First day on the road this year. I was nice...and surreal...I mean...a clean car and all that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve in Tennessee on Monday, April 10, 2017 - 08:49 pm:

sorry for the double post.

Bill - no but that's a great idea! She made her first batch yesterday in the new room we built. Maybe that's what we need...a T soap. I'll be sure to ask. Lavender or Cedar Wood you think?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Robinson, Salty Bottom, AL on Monday, April 10, 2017 - 09:37 pm:

Marvel Mystery Soap?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 12:18 am:

Updated my roadster page: http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG83.html.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 09:46 am:

Steve, you need to add just one more picture when it's ready, one with the white tires and repaired top!

Also, thanks for adding the April link to your blog. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 09:50 am:

That picture is coming. I've been scouting locations for a killer photo. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 10:08 am:

Love your dirt road drive videos, too! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 10:15 am:

I work on my Touring 1911 all weekend adjusting parts, radiator etc. I hope I will be able to make a road test this summer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 10:16 am:

Not able to upload pictures pictures

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mario Brossard on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 10:23 am:

Pictures of my 1911 touring project

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, April 11, 2017 - 11:16 am:

Looking good! Glad you were able to figure out how to post pictures. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 12:11 am:

Frustrated today. After installing new blocks under the hood shelves turned out they were 3/8' too thick ! No wonder the apron wouldn't line up. Had to take them out and thin them down. After doing a search saw a comment from Larry Smith that it is supped to be flush with the lips of the metal part of the shelf. Got it chiseled flush. then noticed my hand crank sleeve came loose. Figure that one out tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andre Valkenaers on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 02:16 am:

Just finished an other working Master Coil for the collection. Photos before and after overhaul

Andre
Belgium

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Anthonie Boer --- Klaaswaal NL on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 03:50 am:

Andre', Our 1912 is running on one of your MC
Toon
2279M
2293S

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RICHARD GRZEGOROWICZ on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 12:54 pm:

TODAY I COMPLETED SCRAPEING THE CRUD FROM THE GREASE CUPS,REFILLING WITH MY GRANDFATHERS TEXACO CUP GREASE.THEN REPACKED THE WHEEL BERG'S THEY LOOKED LIKE NEW.PULLED THE REAR WHEELS TO SEE WHATS GOING ON IN THERE. EVERY THING FINE IN THERE,HOPE TO HEAD TO LANG'S NEXT WEEK TO GET SOME GASKET'S AND VISIT A FELLOW T OWNER ON THE WAY.MY WIFE SAYS I'M LIKE A KID WITH A NEW TOY,WELL IVE WAITED SEVENTY YEARS FOR THIS TIME IN MY LIFE WHEN THIS MECHANICAL COCKROACH CHOSE ME TO SPEND SOME WONDERFULL HOURS WITH.IT TRUELY IS VERY ENJOYABLE TIME'S.AS IS THIS FORUM.GREG

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 - 01:03 pm:

Mechanical cockroach - Good one, LOL! :-O

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Danek_ Salem, Mass on Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 02:44 pm:

Finally some garage time! Moved the non-automotive implements into the wife's garage shuffled around a spare engine and rearend for some room to start the bodyectomy on the runabout. Even took the runabout for a short jaunt in the neighborhood. Nothing like a semi-clean and semi-organized garage to work in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By alan mcclure on Thursday, April 13, 2017 - 04:56 pm:

drove my 15 to work this morning
before work neighbor started rebuilding the tranny in my 23

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 12:13 am:

One of my frustrations yesterday was with the Rad mounting studs. The new springs were too tall and couldn't get the too compress. Glad I didn't toss out the old parts. Had to go back to the old ones and got the rad back in place, went easier but took time, got more stuff done today and almost finished.

Vendors springs compared to old ones. Old on right.

Back together

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 12:39 am:

I drove my T legal for the first time. I've been slipping around since the 90's, been pulled over a few times but I finally got some insurance and tags. Now I can go into town instead of getting there then having to turn around.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 09:21 pm:

I have been sick, stayed home from work today. But I did solder two wire sockets in two tail light cups with a ground wire soldered to the housing for my wooden pickup bed. Then I got them painted up with the extra right side bracket I spent ten years looking for to match the left side (Thanks Layden Butler).

And because I was sick, I continued to sit in and browse the internet. I decided to order up a new Scat crankshaft--standard Model T.

I also just recently acquired a Les Schubert style floating trans shaft through Dan Hatch. To me these were high on my want list for a new engine build.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 10:53 pm:

Big day for me, I fiddled with the T and got it to run continuously without quitting. Was pleasantly surprised that my mag worked and that my neutral was free enough to not bog the engine when I set it down off the jack. With all that done, I climbed aboard and nervously gave myself my first Model T driving lesson!

I didn't have the second gear linkage installed so it was a slooooow trip to the corner and back but I didn't stall at all (I think the low band is slipping). Only once did I hit the wrong pedal, but at least I didn't back it through the wall of my garage. The rest of the time it just took a lot of conscious thought to fumble my way through doing mostly the right thing.

This is going to be a fun summer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dunn on Friday, April 14, 2017 - 11:01 pm:

Today I replaced the 6ga battery cables with 1ga cables. What a difference!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 05:58 pm:

Installed a Fun Projects brake light switch. This is my second one purchased. These are great, and such a simple design. Just have to finish wiring it up.

I also finished painting my tail lights, I painted the insides whit to reflect the light better. It really works good. Hopefully tomorrow I can finish up the install if I feel OK battling this cold.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dunn on Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 07:55 pm:

Took my wife for her first ride longer than just around the block. I'm pretty lucky, she didn't want to stop. We're going to have a lot of fun with this car.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Sunday, April 16, 2017 - 11:40 pm:

Almost done. Hooked up some more things between rain breaks . Installed plug cables ,tightened up fan belt, installed fan, installed lower inlet pipe and hoses, filled rad. top hose drips (don't think much of these repo hose claps, think they are slightly too big. Some blood was spilt. Adjusted rad rod and hood.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Pat Kelly Montana on Monday, April 17, 2017 - 12:07 am:

Took a drive up the Bull River Highway this afternoon. About 30 miles round trip. Lots of snow still in the high country. Bull River is running over it's banks. Really warm today at 51*.

Looking north to the West Cabinets.

Looking east to the Cabinet Mountains and the Cabinet Wilderness Area up the East Fork of Bull River.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ryan Fenrich on Monday, April 17, 2017 - 01:10 am:

Not a T, but took my newly acquired A out for a chilly but enjoyable drive this afternoon. Still have lots to learn, but I am excited to do so, and to drive a lot this summer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 12:56 am:

Well, she started up. Starter didn't work ,suspect starter button,it was grouchy last year and i'll buy a new one. Hand crank worked great 4 pulls and rumbled to life. died after 45 second, got to look at the rebuilt shut off. Sorting it out. But encouraging .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Lyon, PDX, OR. on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 01:23 am:

After breaking my crank last October finally got the old girl started today. I've got to play with the timing a bit, it wouldn't start until I pulled the timing lever down about halfway. No strange noises, no leaks, no smoke--cool!! Let the tour season begin. Don.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 04:43 pm:

I went ahead and removed my carb heat pipe and installed my air filter for warm weather driving:

pic1

pic2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 08:26 pm:

I drove my speedster, YFAF!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TStJUv0EO14

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, April 18, 2017 - 09:05 pm:

Seth really cool. I changed oil on the 27 and put the new langs carb linkage on it after the intake and carb change. Now taking the coil box and plugs back off to repaint the head. Tim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 03:01 am:

Couldn't sleep so I installed my new dash light. I like it being behind the dash. Gives plenty of light without being this huge thing sticking out of my little dash. I've been waiting for months for Lang's to finally get some in stock.

I didn't realize how badly I needed one of these until I drove in the dark. You can't see ANYTHING in the car, just inky blackness. The dash light makes a huge difference. And so far I think I prefer the amount of light it gives without the cover.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 04:17 pm:

Here's an interesting item. Hand cranked the T the other day after engine compartment dress up. Engine ran for 30/45 seconds and died, no fuel. Since I had rebuilt the sediment bowl thought it should work, maybe a little rust in the tank. Drained the bowl and turned the lever till gas came out to flush. Discovered that the lever is off a bit. This bowl is a re-pop from many years ago, it was on the car when dad got it and changed out. Seems that this older repp was made wrong,or the guy who made them for the hobby and vendors was not to sharp when he made this unit. seems that the passages were drilled off that day. I'm sure that the newer ones that the vendors carry are probably correct.
At 9/12 and 3 o'clock gas is shut off.

6 o'clock open ??? NOPE

7/8 o'clock Open flows really well.

Weird huh ???

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 04:56 pm:

George

I had the exact same problem yesterday. I was giving a ride to friends who stopped by and the car kept sputtering and not running right, I nursed it back home only to discover that I had to open the shutoff past center to get enough fuel, once I did that it ran fine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Val Soupios on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 05:54 pm:

Put a stop light and fun projects stop light switch on the '22 Centerdoor. The Centerdoor is the first closed car I have owned in more than 50 years and it was almost impossible to use hand signals the way the window is set up so I decided to go modern! The Fun Projects switch is a quality item. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to add a stop light.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 - 08:45 pm:

Val, glad you like the switch also.

I also just finished wiring my dual tail lights and Fun Projects switch also. I at least now feel safer having rear park lamps with brake lights on both sides. And I am sure the idiots behind me that actually are paying attention will appreciate it too.

And to round out the installation, I decided to address the very worn brake pedal and pedal cam. Tonight I removed the offending parts. Hopefully you can see how worn they really are.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, mostly in Dearborn on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 06:28 am:

I spent the better part of the evening in the attic bringing down parts to put back on my '26 Touring.

I finally tackled the gas cap on my '26 cowl gas tank which the previous owner punched a hole through and probably used a rag or a potato as a gas cap. Fortunately the remaining pieces of cap shattered after a tap with a wood chisel and the threads in the tank were fine. I don't know why everyone complains about the gas tank, they go in easy when there's no instrument panel, steering column or pedals in the way.

There is always a satisfaction when you take parts out of an attic versus sending them up there,

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 09:23 am:

After installing the "new" top socket on Monday, all I've done to the runabout is drive it everywhere. The modern car may be getting jealous. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Danek_ Salem, Mass on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 10:41 am:

Installed one of the last George King engines in David Graham's '26 Tudor. Got it in and hooked up no problem. Had it running after lunch. A couple of short trips to adjust the bands, emergency brake and carb, David' s Black Beauty is ready for touring.

David, George, Tom Blackler

Pat Musante, Tom and George

Tom kept the air blue with his entertainment.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 08:28 pm:

Zoiks Chad, I'd bet those cams are worse than my Crappy and it's junk. :-)
Still putzing/fiddling with an axle rebuild for the '18 here. I think I got me a good left housing finally. On to the right hand next.
Golly, that got me thinking of a random pedal thought! I gotta go look for another low speed pedal and shaft for the '18. The pedal is loose on the shaft.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Thursday, April 20, 2017 - 08:41 pm:

Thanks Duey, Once I got it out and saw how bad it was I was a little shocked myself. Did not get to do the install tonight, maybe this weekend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Warren- Huntington, VT on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 06:06 pm:

Got a new fuel line and shut off switch installed late last night. I put fuel in it today and it doesn't appear to leak.

I also got the car registered today. Was much easier that I had thought it would be.

Mike

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 09:25 pm:

Almost finished with my braking/ brake light upgrades. I installed the new Rocky Mountain brake pedal and pedal support cam.

Installing the pedal in the car required undoing the reverse pedal band to slide the reverse pedal out some. That lead to me "thinking" I could hold the reverse band while I slid the pedal out. I lost my grip and heard the band whip down into the hogs head. I managed to grab the end of it with a long handle pair of needle nose pliers, and get it all resecured with a zip tie---what I should have done in the first place.

After all that, I couldn't find where I set the transmission cover at. I gave up after 10 minutes, decided I was going to do something else and there it was. I decided to install it before I lost it again.

I did notice the low pedal shaft is loose on the pedal notch while I had things apart, not sure what I can do with that right now. I wasn't planning on removing the hogs head.

Tomorrow I will finish the Fun Project switch setup and maybe go for a spin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stephen Bowers on Friday, April 21, 2017 - 11:42 pm:

Pulled the engine! Off for rebuild and OHV :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 01:00 pm:

Drove RPU to jobsite to layout walls and square builging for framers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dana A. Crosby in Glendale, Az on Saturday, April 22, 2017 - 11:59 pm:

Went on a Scavenger Hunt with the Sun Country Model T Club. My wife (Elise) and I won first place. Don't know how though. We had fun and that's all that matters.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 11:06 pm:

So todays job, figure out why my car won't idle "Worked when parked" time to clear the idle passages. Yanked the carb, carefully drilled out the plugs, ran a 5/64th drill with my fingers, found a couple of crusty areas. Got to get rid of that Gross valve thingy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 12:22 am:

I drove to town for the second time since I finally got some plates. It's nice to be legal but I've got by for years, just not on Main Street. Had to weather out a storm at my moms house. I need to get a top and a windshield.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Zachary Dillinger - Charlotte, MI on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 08:10 am:

I made some adjustments to the front end, greased the wheel bearings, oiled and greased the chassis, and did my semi-annual check to make sure all the cotter pins are in place properly. I also fixed a pesky loose crank pulley with a brass shim and some Loctite 609. It is supposed to set for 24 hours so I'll give it a try when I get home from the office.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rusty Berg - West Bloomfield, MI on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 07:13 pm:

In addition to my ongoing speedster build (more to come on that later), Aaron Rogahn has been instrumental in getting my 1923 Huckster back on the road.

To be clear, the car is a "bitsa" car, with parts from many different years titled as a 23.

Aaron is man of great talent when it comes to working with wood, and has the experience and tools to help rebuild/recreate the front part of the front part of the cab for my preexisting body which had been damaged in a rollover accident. I was able to get the drivetrain and chassis up and running, but without him, I would not be able to finish the project without great difficulty. We've got a ways to go, but have made great progress:

Huckster1

Huckster 2

Another one to be back on the road soon!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Klinger on Monday, April 24, 2017 - 11:07 pm:

I AM HOOKED... Took my 23 T out tonight for the first time... LOVED IT!!!First drive

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Patterson. Australia. on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 12:02 am:

Thanks to some excellent replies to an earlier post I'd made, I fabricated, painted and installed a spare wheel mounting brake for the rear of my speedster project.
Cheers,
Rob

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jake Mayne on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 06:03 pm:

Today I got the Exhaust Cut out loose and wired it up to a rod that extrudes through the floor board, the hole was already there and I think this is what the hole was for. I push the rod forward and the exhaust cut out opens. There are two large flat washers that slide back and forth on the slot in the floor board. Wire attached to bolt that goes back to cut out. I have had the Speedster up to 33MPH according to my iPhone app. Hoping this gets me up to 35MPH.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Tuesday, April 25, 2017 - 08:35 pm:

Started taking apart the parking brake cams to replace them and the bushings on the 26-7 rear I have rebuilt for the truck. I got the drivers side all apart, parts should be here tomorrow. Hope to have it all done this weekend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Otto on Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 02:31 pm:

Frame and some pieces freshly blasted. I believe this is now called mock up?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 08:03 pm:

Fighting the passenger side parking brake cam bushing. This one didn't want to come out after an hour fight. I resorted to cutting it off. Cut the bushing, got it out, destroyed the new one going in. This will be a battle. Tomorrow I will order up another bushing and work on getting the shaft out of the lever arm. Thinking that if I drilled the pin most of the way, I can press the shaft off shearing what little is left of the pin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Hoshield; Oak Park MI on Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 09:00 pm:

Nut'n mutch...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Berg on Sunday, April 30, 2017 - 12:22 am:

Today I was going to check the oil in my t but I guess I got carried away:

Valve replacement instead, then I discovered it had one of those brown timing gears in it. Off with the timing cover and an aluminum gear on order.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Sunday, April 30, 2017 - 01:32 am:

I found a drop of oil under my new Speedster

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Murray on Sunday, April 30, 2017 - 08:24 am:

The snow plows were out here last weekend, but we've also had a few days this month that were warm enough to work in the barn. The T has had its headlight circuit sorted out...the magneto headlight wiring baffled the previous owner, but I had no problem finding a NOS dimmer coil from Bob's and an oil tail lamp from eBay, so armed with info from the forum archive, the lights now work as originally intended. The front end appears to have been gone through and is good and tight; but the gearbox was sloppy...a new gearset and pins from Lang's took that last bit of slop out of the steering. The truck came with its front fenders and a new in box (but wrong) set of fender irons in the back, the original irons having been cut off with a hacksaw just outside the headlight stems. Found the correct irons on eBay and got them installed yesterday. One of the bolts was damaged and needed to be replaced, and the only way I could see to withdraw the bolt was to remove the radiator...after I'd re-installed the headlights, I looked at it last night with the cooling system apart, and decided to yank the water pump! So it'll be a little while yet before I'm on the road...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, April 30, 2017 - 09:13 am:

Changed the oil and put a new head gasket on my 27 roadster. I still have some little things to complete in the next couple weeks. Yesterday was my first day off in 3 weeks. It might be a couple weeks until I can get back on it. Tim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration