Looked at another truck today

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Looked at another truck today
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 03:01 pm:

Neihbor went to an auction today. Stopped to talk and he was getting his truck out to pick up what he bought. We took my truck instead. The same old thing horse vs car. After 100 years we still took the truck. We loaded up and didnt think we could get out. Probably 50 Amish all around the truck. Lots of questions.
The haul

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 04:44 pm:

Now that is a door! Got your letter,Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 06:16 pm:

Very interesting neighborhood you live in Dallas. Perhaps your neighbors farm has been in your photos of you out and about with your pickup.
A little ribbing yet kind of a serious question. Why were the Amish fellas so interested? Do you suppose your 91 year old truck has them thinking? Actually thinking?
A way around the rules?
Or was it that since they are no dunces and are well aware that the fact that you and your neighbor show up in a 91 year old pickup truck instead of a 2 year old truck?
These questions are hard to articulate and I look dumb asking. I know one older Amish man from Wisconsin and he likes to come to Minnesota with his/our friend Fred and hang out in the summer and fall at our show grounds. Nice guy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 06:28 pm:

Duane, they like to have fun. One fella even told me that it was ok with the church if they drove model Ts,but since they are not plentiful they stick with the buggy. They were most interested in the wood wheels. Even their buggys use fiberglass spokes now. Roll up doors,LEDlights,juice brakes, heaters, turn signals. They do have it rough. Yes to your question. I think they were all thinking the same thing. When Im driving around the neighborhood, I get more reaction from the Amish. They all pump their arm to hear the horn.
" Who has more fun than people?"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 07:34 pm:

Back dating themselves to a wooden wheeled model T without a heater... :-)
"Who has more fun than people?" THIS! Excellent post.
Thank you Dallas.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 07:47 pm:

Dallas,Where was the sale? Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 09:22 pm:

Bud,west of my place about a mile. Amish moving sale. I know for a fact his buggy cost more than the T. Cost a lot more to run per mile to. I can leave the T set for a month and it doesnt cost a dime. He has to put fuel in his motor every day year round. I say a month because I cant leave it alone for much more than that. It sat for a little over a month when I rebuilt the rear axle.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration