24 engine interchange help

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 24 engine interchange help
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 09:43 pm:

What model t years have the same fullblock ? i owe a 1924 touring and would like to buy a centerdoor or doctors but if i can interchange the parts i thing is a great help .

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 10:00 pm:

As far as I know at least from 1911-27,all blocks were same length.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 10:55 pm:

IF so , what about body and rear axle ? Any main parts that were the same ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Rodell, Sr.- Wisconsin on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 11:21 pm:

You probably have a starter and generator on your 1924 touring. If you get another T from 1919 through 1925 most mechanical parts and assemblies will interchange with no problems. Pre 1919 engines do not have a generator provision.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jack Daron - Brownsburg IN on Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 11:22 pm:

26-27 bodies and frame are different.The body mounts on frame are pretty much the same in older years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 12:14 am:

It just depends on how precisely you want one block to match another. '26/'27 are different, but work just fine for almost any earlier year/model. Their most obvious difference is the bolt holes to attach the top of the hogshead to.
Any 1919 through '25 model year block will work fine for a '24 (they have no bolt holes for the hogshead, yet do have the generator mounting place). Through all those years, there are only one major visual change, and a few minor changes. The most obvious change was the switch from two small valve side covers to a single longer side cover. The crossover while both styles were used was unusually long, that change occurring between 1921 and 1923. A late '21 with the long side cover is basically no different than a July '25 without the hogshead bolt holes.
The engine serial number is only really important in how you and your local licensing jurisdiction use it. And is the only major difference between 1922 late style and 1925 blocks.

From the factory, most running gear including the wheels were almost unchanged from 1921 through 1924. For 1925, only the optional 21 inch balloon tires and wheels were different. From 1919 through 1920 only minor changes in engine and rear end. But entire components interchange just fine.
Drive carefully, and enjoy, W2

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 11:20 am:

Any complete engine will replace any engine from 1909 to 1927. The all mounting points in the frame and to the drive shaft are the same. The biggest difference is the pedal spacing for 1926/27 you would have to make new floor boards, the distance between pedal slot is wider for the low pedal. While the early hogs head (1911 back)is different, the blocks them self will mount to any pan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 11:50 am:

THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH ! You guys are Fine People . Thanks Wayne for all the details .
im going to keep on looking . Someone said you can never stop looking into t models to get ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 11:53 am:

thanks Mark !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 12:05 pm:

Nobody mentioned expense. 1919-1925 engines are most plentiful and likely to cost less than earlier ones.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Mann on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 12:22 pm:

Very important . Thanks Steve . Thats all good news . i would like to get a 4 door or even 2 but has to be a "hardtop" , since i already got a touring and havig the chance of use the same parts on booth i think makes it a lot easier to buy , stock or simply interchange parts .

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration