My experience....NOT MAC'S

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: My experience....NOT MAC'S
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 05:44 am:

I ordered a brass Vintique radiator cap for my Reo build from a highly thought-of vendor on here (NOT Mac's). It had a large pinhole in the brass, nicely polished and boxed. Now the first thing focused on in an old car viewing is the headlights and radiator cap, so I contacted them and the response was ''I'll replace it but you pay the postage.'' I would have been happy to pay it if I had done something wrong in the ordering, but since I assume that selling a new part not branded as defective was their responsibility I decided to return it and eat the $7.00 loss.I made my own brass cap. I've built 3 cars in 4 years, have a good start on the 4th, AND have room around here for 4 more. I work 2 days a week since I retired, just for car hobby money, and every dime every week goes for car parts or raw materials. Vendors remember, that first part shipped to a guy could be the tip of the iceburg....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 05:10 pm:

The idea that a customer should, in any way, pay for a seller's mistake, should be considered unacceptable.

In some types of cases, this kind of thing is simply not allowed. _Car manufacturers, for instance, are held responsible for wholesale mistakes and are required to recall cars that need to be modified. _Small airplane manufacturers, on the other hand, seemingly make all kinds of mistakes for which the owner is expected to take responsibility and pay. _This government-mandated action is known, not as a recall, but an "airworthiness directive." _Now, believe it or not, in such a case, an airplane owner will be required by government regulation to purchase new, redesigned parts from the manufacturer to replace the old, defective parts made by the very same manufacturer. _And sometimes, that new replacement part will be determined (sometimes by the manufacturer!) to have newly discovered flaws and need replacement, itself. _This means it pays to get it wrong the first time and maybe even the second time. _For this reason and too many like it, I gave up flying.

I dunnoŚmaybe I've just reached a grizzled old age whereby this kind of monkeyshine just won't fly with me (pun unintended). _But I'll tell you what: My business goes to that concern which treats me like they appreciate my business. _And if a lousy, customer-mistreating, fly-by-night company like Gnal's (the hypothetical, diametric opposite of Lang's), sent me a bad part and expected me to pay the freight on a return & exchange, that would be the last they ever heard from me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob McDaniel Indiana Truck Logansport In on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 06:05 pm:

DITTO

What Bob said. Not my mistake, why should I pay? No longer a customer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 06:48 pm:

This brings up a question I've had. If you order white tires and they turn brown it's my understanding that they will replace them. Who pays the shipping for those? It costs a bit to send 4 tires. I can't remember how much it costs to send just 1 tire but I'll say $25. If I pay $25 to get the tire, then again to send it back then again to get a replacement then that adds up, especially if the replacement tire turns brown. Wouldnt take long and you've paid UPS enough for a set of black tires.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration