Installing a Warford in a TTs

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Installing a Warford in a TTs
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth LeBlanc on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 11:26 am:

I am installing a Warford with the U -Joint coupler into a TT I thought that I read that the amount cut off of the drive shaft itself was 15 3/4 inches but I wanted to double check before I had it machined.I have the reprint with instructions for cutting the tube and using the slide on flange but it dosent mention the shaft itself. I also need to fabricate a crossmember would anyone have one they would be able to take pictures of with some dimensions ? Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 02:53 pm:

Both shaft and tube must be cut down 15.750" for a cast iron Warford with u joint at both ends. The shaft should be cut and remachined at the front end, not cut and welded. I can send you a pic of the crossmember. Erik

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth LeBlanc on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 08:02 pm:

Thanks Eric I thought that was the correct measurement

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration