First time out

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: First time out
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dunn on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 12:39 pm:

Finally got a break in the weather today. Got "Emma" out on public roads for the first time since I bought her. Also my first time out in the real world with a T. Good times!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 04:57 pm:

Awesome!
Did it drive OK? Etc etc. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 07:52 pm:

Good to hear it Dave! Hopefully your maiden voyage started out better than mine. (see post labeled "Model T Driving Class")

Keep calm and drive often!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 08:29 pm:

Congrats Dave! Its fun isn't it?

I have had my T doodlebug out and about on the roads, but I too just took the pickup out today for the first time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dunn on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 11:33 pm:

Tim, I got my first T driving experience at LeMay Marymount. I was a student for a new instructor and I had never driven a T before. Well you can see what happened, now I own one. I volunteer there as a docent which gave me the opportunity to practice on the museum grounds with no traffic and few obstacles. I've learned through the years that we all have a slightly different learning process. For me learning from an experienced driver was a big plus. There's lots of you tube videos too. The classes at LeMay start sometime in May if anyone's interested.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Dunn on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 11:43 pm:

Duey_C, I'm very pleased with my T. It drives very well, and the engine is very quiet. I was told by the seller of the T that it was restored sometime in the 60's by an experienced T guy and used only occasionally since then. Still hoping someone on the board will recognize this car and can tell me more about it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration