Vintage Garage

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Vintage Garage
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 05:45 pm:

We are looking for two vintage vises to mount on our new workbenches. They need to be in good working order as we will use them. Either call the MTFCA office or PM me. Jerry Kramer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 10:38 am:

Got a call Monday morning with the offer of one vise coming to us. Anyone else got one they don't use. We could use two.

We are also looking for usable parts to fill our parts cabinet, the list is on page 10 of the last issue of the Vintage Ford. Not on that list but needed, are items that will be used to help keep our small fleet in running condition such as NH repair kits, good spark plugs, good useable timers and coils etc.

At Homecoming this year, two of our cars that have not run for some time will be placed in the Vintage Garage and a team will attempt to do what is necessary to get them running again. This would be a great opportunity for anyone to watch or even better, to participate in bringing a dormant T back to life.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 10:59 am:

Jerry, I've lost the last VF issue. What cars are in the running fleet? The year of the T may matter when folks provide parts.

Requests and notices posted on the forum automatically sink from view unless somebody makes a deliberate effort to bump them to the top. Maybe there should also be a place on the home page for them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 11:33 am:

Steve, Call the Museum, I'm sure they will send you another. It's a really good issue.

Most of the parts we need for the old cabinet will never get used. They are for display only. We are trying to recreate what a good, well stocked, Ford garage might have looked like back in 1920. However, things you might replace if you had a barnfind that you were trying to get running, will get used. Hopefully we can have on hand any item that the crew needs to complete a repair so we can start both cars during Homecoming. We are also looking for volunteers to be on the repair crews. Come have some fun!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 11:46 am:

Yes, I aim to call for another copy. But I'm still curious. What are the two cars?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 09:22 pm:

Jerry, Got a vise if you can wait till the homecoming. Jim

vise

vise 2

It has 4" jaws and is about 15" total length.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 09:30 pm:

Jerry,

Let's keep this up at the top.

I was going to give you a call - then saw this.

I will be at Bakersfield Swap Meet Thursday & Friday.

I donated transport of the parts cabinet from Binghamton, NY
to the MtFCA Museum - I will also donate transport for the
parts to fill it .......

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 09:33 pm:

There are members of the forum that are not MTFCA members & do not get the Vintage Ford.

Perhaps we could post the wish list of parts needed here ?

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 08:15 am:

James, We will wait, looks like a good one. Sure hope you didn't hurt that classic getting pictures for us.

Steve, I will get back with the two cars years when we decide which two we are going to use.

Jim, Mike Vaughn in Lincoln Nebraska has one for us if you go by there. If not I will get it in July when I go to Whitefish for the tour. I will see if we can get a list posted.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 08:56 am:

Jerry, I will bring it along when I come down to the party. I set that on the hood very carefully so as not to scratch. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 09:04 am:

Sounds good ...

Anyone going to Bakersfield Swap Meet this year to buy or sell can donate needed parts to fill the cabinet - maybe one of the vendors reading this can be a drop off location?

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 06:18 pm:

Steve, Looks like one car will be a 1919 Depot Hack and the other a 1922 truck. We are looking for volunteers to work on both cars. We may even add a few "problems" of our own to both cars to stymie the workers. Come join the fun and test your mechanic knowledge.

We are also looking for two usable/inflatable 5.25 X 21 tires and tubes to replace ones that will no longer hold air.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 08:00 pm:

I wish I lived a lot closer! Below is page 10 from "The Vintage Ford" Mar-Apr 2017 that was mentioned above. It is used by permission to promote our club and our hobby.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration