I have a lot to be thankful for.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: I have a lot to be thankful for.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Peterson on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 06:53 pm:

I have a lot to be thankful for, good health, good family and good friends, Oh I almost forgot, I just brought home a new old car, an original paint 1926 coupe. I am happy!!!pixpixpixpix

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 06:57 pm:

Original paint 26 a one or 2nd owner? Nice!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 08:58 pm:

Bob,

Great looking car! Is most of the car original also? do you have any history about the car or early documentation on where it was first registered etc.?

Either way, do you know if there has been an article done on the car or not? If not, I suspect it would make a very interesting story.

Congratulations on your new addition.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 09:06 pm:

Very nice.

My favorite old cars are original paint cars. There's something very special about them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 10:09 pm:

From the photos it looks like not just original paint, but amazingly good original paint.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 10:13 pm:

Wow nice coupe..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 09:36 am:

Great little T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 11:02 am:

Looks good to me.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Rhoads on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 12:14 pm:

That's a great find! Were they pinstriped at the factory? If so, I'm probably not the only one who'd be interested in seeing as many detail shots of the striping as possible -- where it stops and starts, turns the corners, etc. Even where it's nearly worn off, as long as there's something there that tells the story, it would be very interesting and helpful.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 12:22 pm:

Good question Jeff. From the pics it appears the green pin striping is below the 'beltline'. I would've thought it would be centered on the beltline. Yes, a quite remarkable coupe. I traded an original paint, upholstery, matching number late '27 coupe for a '29 Ford open pickup.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 12:24 pm:

It's amazing how different the paint color can look depending on the strength and direction of the light.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 02:19 pm:

Below the beltline is correct, and it appears to be the proper location. Amazing survivor if it's original paint!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 06:47 am:

Jeff,

Yes, for the 1926-27 models Ford USA used a pinstripe on the closed cars from the factory. Ref page 408 of Bruce McCalley's book "Model T Ford" that shows a Dec 31, 1926 factory photo of a Coupe with the pinstripe showing. Bruce in part stated, "The striping design is quite clear in this photo, and is typical of the striping on all the closed cars. Striping was a hand operations so there are minor variations from car to car….”

George,

As David pointed out having the pinstripe below the beltline is correct. By placing it there it will not be worn off as soon as if it was placed centered on the beltline.

And yes, additional photos of the coupe would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry Woods, Richmond, Texas on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 06:55 am:

Bob, How far below the bottom of the belt line is the strip centered? I'll need to know when I get my coupe pin striped.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Peterson on Monday, April 10, 2017 - 02:33 pm:

The stripe is a little more than a 1/4 inch below the belt line. And yes it is original paint.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration