Eisemann EB-4 Magneto Question and Maybe Parts Needed

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Eisemann EB-4 Magneto Question and Maybe Parts Needed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 09:01 pm:

Evening all,

Have had this Eisemann EB4 brass bodied mag since last summer, and I cannot find much info on it. Its a heavy and beautiful piece, and I think has the ability to use a battery and coil with this mag when starting. THis makes me want to use it for a future speedster.

However, I can not find any info on it, no manual, or even anything online. Not even another pic of one.

I have a couple pics. One shows the underside of the magnets, and I think I may be missing some parts. I removed the inside lid and underneath it is the condenser. It seems like there may have been some insert which covered the condenser.

Also, there is no slip ring brush on the end of it as in the Bosch Du4. I too the thing apart, and I can see wear where their should be a brush of some sort. Its were the conical upright protrusion with a hole in the center is right below the direction arrow. There is the upright bolt behind that with the hex nut, and I am not sure what went there originally. The one end of the condenser is attached to this threaded post, and the other end is soldered to the lid, thereby grounding out.

The only brush on this is in the base as on the Bosch DU4, bu that seems to ground out the armature.

I forget to get a pic of the front, but the front has five terminal studs, one in the center of four. I think the center one is where the power comes in to be distributed to the 4 plugs.

If any one has any info, that would be great!

-Benji

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 10:06 pm:

Search magneto repair
I vound a shop in maon and one in california
But not heard back from either
Also search smok stak web forum

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 11:06 pm:

Hey Bob,

Looked at the Smokestack forum as well. I have an account there too. I'm hoping someone has seen one of these on this site. I'd really like to use it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 12:06 am:

Try going to Ebay and do an advance search of same model listed or sold. You might get lucky and find one that shows the missing parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 12:13 am:

Just checked Ebay, nothing but I did a Google search of "Eisemann EB4" and got 3 hits.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 02:41 am:

Hey Mark, Ivery already Google for hours before posting here, best hit was on the prewar car sale site, no pics though. I've gone the route of the internet, ebay, this forum, smoke stack, all sorts of searches using eisemann brass, eisemann eb, eisemann eb4, eisemann eb-4, and various mag or magneto to those other terms. Get diddly, and I'm really surprised. Last resort is this forum. Even checked a lot of mag parts suppliers rebuilders, etc for any info. Even searched for eisemann manuals. Nothing has my model.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 10:25 am:

Google Eisemann Magneto, there is bundles of info. Give Mainely Magnetos a call. They are your best bet for parts.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Brown - Austin, Texas on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 10:33 am:

Try this link:
http://www.magnetoparts.com/index.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 12:23 pm:

Randy, been to thatnlink, nothung.

Ted, did that as well in my original search. Thing is I think I have an early mag, I'll get someenough pics later of the whole thing. None of the mag searches showed anything remotely close to my mag. My mag has a distributer plate similar to the bosch DU4. All the searching never shows my style mag distributer plate, even in the manuals and parts lists.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 02:06 pm:

Well another "duh" moment for me. Forgot to search google books.

Found some ads. Here is a link to one that shows my mag in a 1913 ad:

https://tinyurl.com/m9o7zcj

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 10:12 pm:

Any magneto guys on the west coast?
I have called both these sources with no luck

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration