Photo: Family farmstead

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Photo: Family farmstead
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Spadafore on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 09:25 pm:

I went down to my brother's home for lunch today and we were going through family photos. This is my great grandparents' Shinnston, WV home sometime in the late 20's. The Runabout was a '22 that they bought used in '25. I'm not sure what the car in front was. A few years after this photo was taken, they bought 100 acres about a mile down the road, but couldn't afford to build a new house, so they had the house split into two and loaded it and the garage onto skids and had it hauled to their new location, through neighboring meadows by teams of horses. My grandparents bought the farm from them in the mid 50's and lived there until their passing. Both the garage and the house have since been replaced and my brother is now raising his family there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 09:38 am:

Great pic, thanks! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 09:48 am:

Great pic James! Now THIS is what I like about an old pic..having the provenance to go with it. As I've mentioned many a time in previous old photo posts, it'd be nice, albeit almost impossible, to have the history behind the picture. One could only let their imagination run wild. This puts truth of history to the pic, and I find that fantastic. Thanks for posting it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 10:16 am:

Wow!
They did a good job building the house on the side of a hill. They had to dig out quite a bit but they did it. Great picture.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration