The guys from down the street, with a notched hood former-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: The guys from down the street, with a notched hood former-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 10:00 pm:

Sorry I've been slacking. This is a good one:

Looks like a notched hood former!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 10:18 pm:

Odd combination of battery box and Prest-O-Lite tank,....also quite a variety of "head gear"!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 10:21 pm:

What is your source for the picture? eBay? Can you provide the link or listing number?

The name of the photography studio is embossed on the lower right.

The dealer plate looks like it may be Minnesota - I may be able to look it up.

I'd like to scrutinize the photo if you can provide the source which may have a larger/higher resolution scan.

Thank you.

(Message edited by Erik_johnson on April 02, 2017)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 10:57 pm:

Embossed on lower right:

Labrocki
Winona Minn

(also found another photo online with same embossing)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 11:27 pm:

Looks like one fender without a crown....one fender with.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 11:42 pm:

Found it:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RPPC-Early-Ford-1911-Model-T-Azo-Paper-/311830459266?has h=item489a8b3382%3Ag%3AvYoAAOSwax5Y0vS7&nma=true&si=kSLoSKMFsWw%252FhnOEzG5J9tIz JUI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 05:01 am:

The car behind it is a non Ford, circa 1915 to '19. That T looks a mite beat up, and maybe only five to ten years old.
That one guy in the back seat just doesn't look right at all for the '10s era. His hat is just wrong. It may be an early off-shoot of the Panama hat popular in the '20s. Otherwise, the hat looks like something Bing Crosby wore in the '60s!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 10:23 am:

Wayne:

The Minnesota dealer plate is no earlier than 1912 and no later than 1917 (they were polished aluminum or tin plating over steel during those years). A new dealer plate was issued each year during those years.

The regular Minnesota plate on the other car would have been a three year plate: 1912-13-14 or 1915-16-17. Again, aluminum or tin plated background.

The 1918-19-20 passenger and dealer plates were white over black.

Based on the car in the background and the plates, it's probably safe to say the photo is no earlier than 1915 and no later than 1917.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 10:48 am:

Thank You Erik J !
I always enjoy your insights through the license plates.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 11:18 am:

what i want to know is how they all three fit in the mother inlaw seat ha,ha. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 11:21 am:

humm maybe it is a double bucket roadster!!!!. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 02:11 am:

If you look closely, the front seat appears to be a typical roadster front seat. The back of the body is kinda hokey, added onto, and rather crudely? The rear seat is a wagon seat on springs (look very closely under the back of the rear seat). It is clearly wide enough for two to sit comfortably (?). I think the guy in the funny hat is sitting on the other (middle) fellow's lap. The umbrella is a nice touch also.
Some of these old photos are so fun to look at!
Thank you Herb, and all!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 07:51 am:

That's a Mafia Staff Car!

"You toucha da kar I breaka you face!"

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration