Where to find Bakersfield map?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Where to find Bakersfield map?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Harms - Sacramento County, CA on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 10:37 pm:

Where online is a map layout of the Bakersfield Swap Meet?
I search all over the internet but it seems to be well hidden.
Is there a map with a list of vendor locations?
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 12:05 am:

The map is issued with your swapmeet pass

brasscarguy

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Harms - Sacramento County, CA on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 01:07 am:

Is this an accurate map?

http://www.kerncountyswapmeet.com/images/Kern-WEB-Map.pdf

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hammatt on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 10:42 am:

The map shown is not accurate for the HCCA/Kern Model T Club swap meet. There is no map that I've seen that shows the individual vendor locations (except maybe at the Registration Table). The aisles are well identified at the ends of the aisle, the individual spaces are individually marked.
Enjoy the show!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Constantine on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 11:45 am:

No map needed; just follow the shiny brass road.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 02:32 pm:

It's not that large that you will get lost! However, you can get lost finding the swap meet entrance! Don't ask!!
And yes, just follow the trail of parts that fell off vendor's trailers! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dodd on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 11:49 pm:

The rule for finding the swap meet is to turn right at the intersection before the light at the fairgrounds :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 12:44 am:

yes, coming from the north is "easy" the problem comes when you drive in from the south, as (at least the year I was lost) there were no "Swap Meet" directional signs that way!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Semprez-Templeton, CA on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 08:06 pm:

That's easy for Bill to say! There are many different ways to find the fairgrounds. I, unfortunately, have never found the correct way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 09:14 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 10:13 pm:

That map would have been a GREAT help the morning I was lost on Ming Ave, and the area on the right side of the map had a swap meet going on (not a car meet)--very confusing!
Now as to this year; Unfortunately, as much as I'd like to go and visit with old friends and meet some new folks, like Freighter Jim, The 13+hour round trip, lodging food, etc. will run us at least $200. I don't know of anything I really HAVE to have, so the trip is just for visiting. Last week's water heater replacement, this weeks brake job on my truck, and next week's Property taxes just makes the "available funding" insufficient for such a jaunt.
Maybe next year! We are scheduled for major wind & rain Friday, hope Bakersfield isn't!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 02:30 pm:

David,

Having lunch now at El Charro - just down the street from the fairgrounds.

I will be the confused pollack wandering aimlessly down the aisles ... :-)

Freighter Jim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration