Thanks to Forum for help on rearend repair

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Thanks to Forum for help on rearend repair
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Michelson on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 10:46 pm:

Today I returned the rebuilt rear-end into my 1919 depot hack and happily took it out for a well- deserved maiden voyage. This is my first and only T, bought in 2009. From the time I first started driving it, this forum has been there with information and answers. When my Ruckstell kept sliding into neutral, I learned here that if I valued my life, I had to do something fast. Although Iíve never done any major car repairs before, the many well documented repair jobs on this forum gave me the confidence to undertake this project myself. Plus I know I could post questions here if I needed to and get great advice. So late this fall, after studying the MTFCA books and Ford Service Manual, that rear-end came out. I discovered that as so many posts have said, purchasing parts from Langs, Chaffinís, and Fun Projects meant not only getting quality parts, but also getting great service and advice. And now with a rebuilt set of coils from Ron Patterson I am ready to start a great season of driving. This Model T community is a full of great people, ready to help. Iím glad I've caught this affliction.pic1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 10:57 pm:

I feel the same Eric. These people are great. Just finshed rear axle myself and many other repairs with the help of many. Many thanks to all for parts and guidence. The only way to repay this debt is to pass this info on to the next generation of people afflicted with the T bug.
Drive safe and often

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 07:51 am:

That is a very beautiful Hack, now you know you can enjoy a safe riding season.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 08:36 am:

Beautiful hack....and I agree with your comments on how great this group of people is.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 08:44 am:

Great job and great looking T

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration