6 volt horns

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: 6 volt horns
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Schrepfer on Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 11:47 pm:

Does any body repair/ restore 6 volt electric horns from the early 20s to mid 20s?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Doris, AZ on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 12:14 am:

You might look into Advanced Electrical Rebuilders of Grand Ledge, Michigan. Had a '26 Buick generator rebuilt by them. They do nice work and do horns as well.

http://www.aerrebuild.com/index.php/antique-auto.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Schrepfer on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 01:13 am:

Thanks Bob and MTFCA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 06:31 pm:

Here's another guy who does it.

Moonshine County Antique Auto Horns
Larry Rose North Carolina

carnut1929@bellsouth.net
919-840-6247

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Schrepfer on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 07:18 pm:

Thanks John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 10:24 am:

Joe: Not in your backyard, but The Horn Shop in Rome, NY has a good local reputation-Bill Randall, three one five-33six-eight eight 4 1. John Regan at Fun Projects knows a lot about horns and supplies some parts. I am not affiliated with either business, but I do believe both are worthy of your consideration. jb

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 11:17 am:

Lang's provides that service. I don't know if they farm it out, but they did one for me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Sherman Tacoma WA on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 11:20 am:

I ordered some parts from Fun Projects, read the instructions on this site and fixed my own horn, and I have no idea what I am doing most of the time. Paul in Tacoma

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve in Tennessee on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 11:30 am:

Larry Rose just did a battery horn for me and I was most pleased with the quality, the price, and the speed. It is not clear to me if he is officially still in business but he did agree to do mine. Quite the gentleman and a pleasure to work with.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Markham on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 06:51 pm:

Larry Rose at Moonshine did mine last month came back all painted looked better than New and works great very reasonable highly recommend

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration