Tan top Black top

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Tan top Black top
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 11:52 am:

So I've seen touring tops and tire covers come in tan as well as black. Is this just a choice we have now or did they come that way? I've got a 26 touring and have seen both.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 11:54 am:

Donnie Brown would know for sure. He has a Sport touring with tan top, boot and gypsy curtains

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 12:12 pm:

"Smooth-textured black leatherette" from 1914 on. I didn't look up the earlier years, but I believe they were black too. If tan was used, it was aftermarket.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ted Dumas on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 12:19 pm:

I think the sport touring in 1927 came with tan upholstery and a tan top.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 12:55 pm:

My '27 Touring has a tan top and I believe it may help to reduce heat in the car on sunny days as opposed to a black top. If not I just roll down the windows or turn up the air conditioning! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 12:56 pm:

What I would like to find is tan side curtains

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 01:30 pm:

After seeing photos of pre 26/27 cars with tan tops, not correct but I think if I made my own that's what I would go with. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 01:58 pm:

The '26 Sport Touring had black top and side curtains. Only the Top Boot, and the Gypsy Curtains were Fawn (tan) color on the Sport.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Govoni on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 03:14 pm:

Thanks everyone.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carey on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 04:38 pm:

Were gypsy curtains available for the 23 - 25 touring?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 04:47 pm:

Were not. These are Improved Car cosmetic accessories likely from Edsel Ford's desires, he got to add color and style to the Improved Ford, for the new Model A , ole dad Henry let Edsel get very stylish :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration