Trailer parking Friday to Sunday north of Bakersfield

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Trailer parking Friday to Sunday north of Bakersfield
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 04:17 pm:

We are going to be heading into Yosemite on Friday after the swapmeet. This will be my wifes first chance to see a waterfall and snow. Unfortunatly for me and thrilling for her the forecast calls for snow and I am not looking forward to towing the trailer into Yosemite in the snow. We would have loved to take our son to railtown (jamestown) but doubt it will be doable with the weather. Is there anybody that has an area (secure) that we might be able to park the trailer on Friday afternoon and pick it up Sunday. The farther north the better, the trailer is an enclosed 6X12

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 04:50 pm:

Chadwick,
Jamestown shouldn't be a problem, fairly low in elevation, and good roads abound. Yosemite, yeah, even in good weather I wouldn't want to take a trailer there!
Definitely take the roundhouse tour at Jamestown! Even if only self-guided!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 06:55 pm:

I grew up in Sonora and know the area well. My plan is to shock her coming in the south entrance. We have rooms for 2 nights at the Wawona so we will get at least 1 day in the valley. As far as the park, I've taken my speedster in for Christmas up and then down old priest!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 08:43 pm:

I definitely would NOT take a trailer from the south entrance to the Wawona! It might cause you to backtrack some, but I wonder if the folks at the Model T Inn there wouldn't provide a parking place? they're only a few miles south of the entrance.
You have rooms in the park, I'm jealous!!
:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 09:40 pm:

Me to david
I second that leave the trailer outside the park.
Jamestown you like if your a railfan
If you get there check out the model T railcar
Roundhouse tour worthwile i know #3 been under steam already this year
California railroad museum another great thing to see if your coming that far north

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 12:39 am:

The entire point of the topic was to see if I COULD find a place to park outside the park.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 01:27 am:

Tin Lizzy Inn, the folks there might help you out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 03:19 am:

Unfortunatly nobody on the forum was able to help out. Fortunatly to this point there have been no problems as we unhooked before going into the valley this morning (we needed chains to get back out to the Wawona still in the park).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 02:59 pm:

Chadwick, Thanks for painting that historic name back on the hotel. You must have some pretty long arms. I sure wished you would have covered up the disgraceful new name!!
Have a great and Safe trip

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, April 10, 2017 - 02:40 am:

reworked again!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration