Speedster Project For James Keller

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Speedster Project For James Keller
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 05:39 pm:

Those who have, or want to, donate items to James Keller for his speedster project, please contact me by e-mail at bill.everett@epickett.com.

James is the young man, high school student, in Maryland, or Delaware (I don't remember for certain).

I'd like to know what you want to donate; we'll figure out how to get it here or directly to James.

I'm beginning to consolidate items here in Memphis which will make Freighter Jim's work easier.

Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 06:32 pm:

Keep me in the loop .....

I will be at Bakersfield Swap Meet Thursday and Friday if someone has parts they wish to donate.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 08:27 pm:

I had talked to him months ago about a Warford and the shortened driveshaft and rear axle. It's still available if he wants them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Keller on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 08:10 am:

Robert,
I called and left you a message yesterday afternoon. Bill also sent you an email- he is heading near you and can most likely pick the parts up. I was concerned that they had been given away but I'm glad to see that they are still around.

I'll give you a call again this afternoon.
James

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 09:59 am:

Guess I better charge up that cell phone...it's around here somewhere.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Keller on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 10:25 am:

Robert,
I just sent you a message.
James

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Keller on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 10:26 am:

Bill, thank you for your diligence in trying to gather up and determine what parts are located where.

Freighter Jim, thank you again for offering your services to move the project.

If it is of use to anyone my zip is 21087 MD.
James

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Keller on Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 09:58 pm:

Received from Mike last night:

"James

Looks like things are going to head east in the next few weeks and with Bill stepping in it fits in well.

I had have some discussions with others about the project and how I was really disappointed in not having this thing headed your way. The slow down has been me just not having the time to build the engine. It was suggested that I get the frame and stuff less the engine head your way, at least you could start working through what we have, what needs fixed and what you need to find. Out of the blue in steps Bill and it really will work out. I will ship a motor at a later date via Fastenal, you will have to pick up and we will find a store close to you when that needs to happen

Most of what has been gather up you know about.
NOS tire Set of four
New tubes and rim liners
Couple of extra wire wheels
I think there is a hub or two but it has been a long time
Re ground cam
Have a High compression head coming from a friend in Montana that has been repaired. Need to make sure it is OK
There may be more but it has be awhile.

The engine overhaul is on me includes all labor and parts
The engine has been bored, decked, valve seats cut.
Babbitt poured, a good crank was located, mag checked and ground
New pistons and rings, New Ford valves, springs and retainers and a set of Rods X with oil dippers
New valve lifters
Transmission drums I found a good set of used drums
Change break drum to wide 26/27 with new Kevlar bands
Change hogshead out to 26/27 Matches engine block and change pedals over to early type per your request
Located a good four dip pan and the one on the engine had a broken ear.
Will use the re ground cam as the lift and duration seem good along with new cam bearing
New cam and crank gear MFG by DMC.
Engine will not have a magnets but will have spools for splash oil
New internal Ford oil line and two accessory inside oil lines
Transmission filter screen with magnet

I may have a clip on distributor but it will need to be worked on .

My problem is to find the time, It is all here and ready for assembly but I have to many Irons in the fire and tour season is upon us

You will have plenty to do and the motor will get to you long before you are ready for it"

I'll say it again: You're a stand up guy and should be applauded for your incredible efforts in this project. Also, Donnie Brown, Bill Everett, Freighter Jim, Robert Brough, Dan McEachern, Seth, and many others should be thanked for their contributions, large and small.

I had been under the impression that a set of coils had been located and I had put my name in the next batch of E-timers to be produced, so I think the distributor won't be necessary (unless the coils turned out to be no-good).

Bill, I spoke to Robert this afternoon regarding the parts and he asked that you call him to figure out a time to pick them up. At the very least, there is a cast iron Warford, fast ratio rear end, and a drive shaft. Depending on whether he sells the chassis complete or stripped down, there may also be a cowl, headlight bar, and possibly even fenders.

Is there any way that we could share a list of who has donate what and where it is located. I wouldn't be surprised if Bill has a map with strings of everything for this project. :-)

Thank you to all of you. This is incredible. I want to make sure I can give credit to everyone involved- if you somehow came in contact with the car or parts, I'd like to put your name on the cowl when the body gets done. I think thats the least I can do to repay you all. Maybe when I'm of a wiser age, I can pass this car on to another passionate young person who can enjoy it as I hopefully will.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 01:18 am:

Well ...

Don't thank me just yet ...

I have not done anything ...

Another reminder for Bakersfield Swap attendees - I will be at Bakersfield Thursday- - Friday - maybe Saturday if you have anything to donate to this project .....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 07:33 pm:

I picked these up from a generous forum member in Atlanta on Friday; a matched set of one shortened, lowered rear-end, and one Warford Transmission.

It this next week pans out as planned, more items will make it to our warehouse in Olive Branch, MS.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bender Tulsa Oklahoma on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 08:10 pm:

Bill

I have the trailer loaded with the frame and such for James. Headed to Howells Monday afternoon. See you Wed or Thursday. I have a lot of loose items, tires, tubes wheels and such so I hope you have room in the bed of your pickup.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Keller on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 10:02 pm:

Bill- glad to see you were able to retrieve the parts!
Glad to hear things are starting to come together!

James

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 10:30 pm:

The bed will be empty as will the trailer, so I should be able to get everything in one trip.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Bender Tulsa Oklahoma on Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 07:05 pm:

Bill E. Picked up the frame and parts. Taking them to Memphis.

Four new tires, new tubes and rim liners, head lights, extra wire wheels. Recondition starter with bendx and a recondition generator. A radiator condition unknown. I didn't get a picture of the frame on wheels, firewall and steering that we loaded on to his trailer.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Keller on Sunday, April 30, 2017 - 09:17 pm:

awesome!!!
I'm getting excited!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 02:05 pm:

The frame, rear axle assembly, and all four wheels are now in our warehouse in Olive Branch, MS.

I believe all donated items are here, and waiting for Freighter Jim.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 02:26 pm:

Well,

I am slowly makes my way to Texas - not sure where I am headed to after that .....

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Monday, May 01, 2017 - 10:05 pm:

I don't know if it would help but I could move everything from Memphis to Athens, GA if we can get it all in the bed of my truck.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 05:29 pm:

Without a trailer, disassembly of the frame and axles would be necessary; even then, I believe the bed of the pickup would have to remain open and the contents strapped.

Freighter Jim, please weigh in here. If it would help you to pickup in Athens, GA, instead of Memphis, let us know so we can try to figure out moving everything from here (Memphis / Olive Branch, MS), to Athens, GA.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Seth in Alabama on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 06:01 pm:

Yeah, I don't know if it helps or not. Just throwing it out there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 06:35 pm:

Bill,

I donate transport as I can based upon my schedule.

Right now I am waiting out the last of bad weather in Tulsa, OK - then headed to Burkburnett, Texas to drop off.

After that I don't know where I am headed to next.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 07:15 pm:

Thank you, Seth.

Jim, I understand about this particular load being when it works for you.

Since we don't know your common lanes, let us know whether you think Athens, GA, or Memphis, TN, would come up first.

We'll go from there.

Thanks, Jim.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Wednesday, May 03, 2017 - 07:24 pm:

Bill,

Anyone can see my available schedule by checking the Classifieds here and/or visiting my website:

@ http://www.trulyvintagetrailers.citymax.com/available-transport-now.html

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Keller on Tuesday, May 16, 2017 - 08:56 pm:

Sorry to raise this to the top...
I barely have the time to check forums for messages.
If someone could be kind enough to message me when/if something comes up, I'd appreciate it.
James

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Friday, May 19, 2017 - 11:34 am:

James, I sent you a PM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Keller on Monday, May 29, 2017 - 08:36 pm:

Is anyone in The Roanoke/Blacksburg area able to store the pile of parts for a period of time? Bill needs to get the parts out of his shop to renovate and I won't be able to make the 6+ hour drive for at least a month.

James

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Keller on Tuesday, June 06, 2017 - 08:27 am:

Bill,
I sent you an email.
James

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James Keller on Friday, June 09, 2017 - 05:56 pm:

Bill,
Do you know if there is a set of front hubs and spindles for the wire wheels on the chassis or in the parts pile? I was under the impression a pair had been donated but I'm not 100% sure.
Also, what kind of front axle does it have- is it a drop front-end?
James

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Friday, June 09, 2017 - 07:26 pm:

I will confirm tomorrow morning.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 02:44 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 02:48 pm:

James;

It appears that you have two sets of front hubs and spindles. However, since I'm not positive as to what '26 - '27 hubs and spindles look like, I can't say for certain that they are '26 - '27.

I'm pretty sure, however, that the rear hubs are the '26 - '27 ones; scroll up some to my posting of May 1st for the picture.

The front axle; I honestly don't know, James, what years range it is.

I'll be sending you a PM later today or tomorrow.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 04:11 pm:

The two loose spindles are '26-'27, the ones on the chassis are not. That unpainted wheel in Bill's photos is only good for a "roll around the shop" or for Yard Art--don't even think about patching it up to put a tire on it!! That front spring needs some clips too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Saturday, June 10, 2017 - 06:10 pm:

Thank you, David.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Monday, June 12, 2017 - 04:55 pm:

James, I sent you a PM.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Everett on Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 10:27 pm:

James, I sent you a PM this afternoon.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration