Original upholstery?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Original upholstery?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Oneal Lee on Monday, April 03, 2017 - 11:12 pm:

I am suppose to be the 5th owner of my 1926 Coupe. Since I don't know any owners back down the line, I was wondering if the upholstery could be original. The picture is the fabric on the doors and seat. From reading here on the forum the car would have been painted Channel Green. What is your opinion?
Neal

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 01:45 am:

Neal,

Yes, original. The Coupe and the Tudor had the green upholstery.

William S. Hursch reproduced that same upholstery material in the early 1980's. Sadly, I think no longer available!

Best regards, John Page, Australia.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 02:51 am:

It probably is original. There are a lot of well cared for T's out there with the original upholstery. I have a 1926 Fordor with the original upholstery. Gray with red stripes to match the maroon body color that it came off the assembly line with. Jim Patrick

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 08:00 am:

Yes, it definitely looks original. However the paint may not be Channel Green. Early in production of the Improved Cars, black was still being used. If it was a fleet vehicle it could also have been painted black. To add to the confusion, there appears to have been different variations of Channel Green as well.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration