Wondow regulator removal question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Wondow regulator removal question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 10:17 am:

Working on an un-restored '25 Tudor and plan to restore the mechanicals only. I'm trying to save all the original upholstry and want to get inside the doors to fix the window regulators. So far I have gotten the window handle off but am trying to be careful in removing the panel. The washer that fits over the shaft coming out has a square hole and it seems to be stuck. Do I just keep messin' with it to get it loose or is there a trick to getting it off? Just don't want to tear the door panel. Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Sims--Reed City,Mich. on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 11:53 am:

The washer should pull off with some effort. You will probably find the white metal gear case is brittle and not usable. about as rare as chicken teeth. I found it necessary to fabricate some for my 25 tudor.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 11:59 am:

The washer should pull off. Maybe some rust or a light press fit is holding it. Do be careful of the pot-metal housing behind it. They are rather fragile.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Mays on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 12:28 pm:

Thanks. That's what I figured but didn't want to mess up before checkin'.

Thanks,

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration