MILWAUKEE FORD PLANT

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: MILWAUKEE FORD PLANT
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Goodrich on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 12:17 pm:

HI: The other day I was going through the net, looking for stuff on the Milwaukee Plant. And I ran into something that I should of kept but I didn't.

But anyway it was something about Ford owning something in another town other then Milwaukee, But I would love to find this now, as I have been doing research on the Milwaukee Plant. And this would be a nice addition to that research of mine.

And so that being said, I need your help in finding as to what this was, and what town that was in. As it was around when the Model T's and A's where being built in the Milwaukee Plant.

But I think it had to do with Ford Making something there but what I have no clue. I don't remember what that was, so I'm in the dark as to what Ford was making there, as I know it was something that they would ship to the Milwaukee Plant, And who knows where else.

Thanks
Jeff

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 05:31 pm:

Jeff,
It may be a long shot, but it might be worth your while checking if Henry Ford ever had any of his Village Industries in the State of Wisconsin. He had numerous small plants throughout Michigan, employing people making small component for the larger factories. A lot of these small plants were run with power generated by Hrdro - Electric power.

Best regards, John Page , Australia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Village_industries

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 05:45 pm:

Jeff,

I had a quick look through this book that I have and could not find anything relating to the State of Wisconsin.

Best regards, John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Goodrich on Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 12:16 pm:

John, I know I read something like that it's just I wish I would of had time to save were I was.

As I have been going through the history with no luck at all. But I think you have it and it was something like that book says it was. But I don't know about the hydro Plant.

But I do know that this place was casting something but what I have know clue what that would be so I will be looking some more.

Jeff

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Goodrich on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 05:01 pm:

John, Do you own that book ???? Reason why I ask is because I called the Library here in town and they don't have it.

So I called a bigger towns Library and they heard of it but didn't have it. So since you have it I just thought that maybe you could take another look at the book and see if you find it.

And I will keep looking through Google Chrome and history and see if I can find it as it's got to be there somewhere.

Thanks Jeff

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 07:00 pm:

Ask your library to do an interlibrary loan. They should be able to find it that way.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Page on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 09:53 pm:

Jeff,

There is nothing in the book to indicate that Henry Ford had any Village Industries in the State of Wisconsin.

Here is a screen shot form that Wickipedia Link I posted on April 4th.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration