Gemsa head installation questions

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Gemsa head installation questions
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 12:23 pm:

I'm trying to help a friend install a Gemsa head.
Need some advice on rockers, valves, and pushrods to use?
Do people pressure oil the rockers?
Thoughts on pistons?
Any other advice?
Thank you

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 03:15 pm:

Our Gemsa heads use 235 Chevy intake valves that are turned down just a little. One uses 45 degree seats, the other 30 degree. Gemsa pressure oiled the rockers with a weird plumbing system that went up through the valve door and water jacket to the top end. We plumbed ours externally to a fitting on the front of the head and then inside the cover. We are using cut down 235 Chevy pushrods and 292 Ford Y-block tappets. We have seen a number of different combustion chamber designs in these heads. We use a domed piston milled to provide the clearance and compression ratio we want. The Wild Cherry is just under 10:1 compression and we are bored .130" oversize. We had to O-ring the block and use a solid core head gasket to make it work. These heads are FAST! You'll see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 03:37 pm:

Erik
Thank you for the info.
What rockers do you use?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 03:41 pm:

Fortunately I make solid copper head gaskets locally. The O ring thing I have done before to a T engine
I really appreciate the straight info

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 07:00 pm:

Not sure what the rockers are. I will look at the heads and see if there are clues. It would be something that was common in the fifties and sixties. Maybe Y-block Ford also? We'll see.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Thursday, April 27, 2017 - 04:40 pm:

Any suggestions for spark plugs??

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration