Old Photo - Model T Era Strret Scene, Albia, Ia.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Old Photo - Model T Era Strret Scene, Albia, Ia.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 07:07 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 07:35 pm:

Nice pic as always Jay! Those are some beautiful buildings. Wonder if any of 'em are still there? Someone will surely post a current Google Earth shot of it. I love those street lamps, reminds me of the kind that I used to have on my model train setup.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 08:00 pm:

Same spot today,

Check out the street lamps.

The buildings are really nice looking.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Greg pacana on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 09:24 pm:

wow, even the fire hydrant is still in same place on lower left.
I really do love the then and now pictures
greg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 02:13 pm:

Well! How 'bout that one Burger? Once in awhile, preservation prevails! One of the very few things that looks different in the modern picture is the curb doesn't look as high, however, I'm betting it's even the same curb bordering a street level that's just a bit higher due to at least a couple of paving projects over the years.

Thanks Jay for another great old photo, and thanks Ken for another nearly identical picture from nearly a hundred years later! (.....I love these kinds of comparisons, especially when they're as delightful as this one!)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marty Bufalini - Grosse Pointe, MI on Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 05:17 pm:

Thank you, thank you for bringing the pictures and the "then and now" comparisons!!!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration