Wood block @ engine mount

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Wood block @ engine mount
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glenn W. Beers on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 09:44 pm:

When installing new wood block at rear engine mount on frame which way are they positioned ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chadwick Azevedo on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 10:21 pm:

In such a way that the angle rests in the bottom between the bottom of the frame and the side. The top has the lip that will prevent the bolt from turning.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By bob middleton on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 10:22 pm:

Not sure if i do it right but one side has a rounded edges and the hole slightly off center
Rounded edges to the frame and align the hole.
I put nut on just tight enough to put the key in

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 10:24 pm:

Photos better than words :-)

The block needs to fit tight, used a blunt chisel and hammer to drive it in place. Align the hole in the wood block with the frame hole for the side bolt, using a taper drift.

Don't over tighten the side bolts, just snug and cotter. Top bolt and nut tight, cotter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glenn W. Beers on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 - 10:34 pm:

Thanks Dan , I just made new oak blocks and could not find any info in any books I have on what position they needed to be in.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 01:31 am:

And depending on the year and/or body style. That angled cut may be to allow the gasoline line space to pass by on the right side.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 10:11 am:

Around 1924, that block changed to a simple rectangular block. Way easier to install.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration