Anyone have T insurance with a young driver in the household?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Anyone have T insurance with a young driver in the household?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 05:28 pm:

Got my 42 GPW insurance with State Farm that they imply is a favor to me as a 30 year customer. But when I look at J.C. Taylor and Haggarty's, no one under 30 on one and no one under 25 on the other.

I don't drive, so need my wife and son to do the parade and event thing with me, but the insurance is getting me a little worried.

No wonder it's ifficult to infuse younger blood into the hobby.

Anyone have any experience similar to mine? Solutions?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Jorgensen, Batavia, IL on Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 05:34 pm:

My understanding is that Haegarty Insur will work with you if you have teenagers.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Kirtley on Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 06:02 pm:

HAGERTY. My grandson was driving at seventeen. It's OK as long as it is with a tour or parade or an event of that sort. I have been with them for eight or nine years. My Farmers agent turned me on to them. Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 07:31 pm:

I used state Farm for that very reason. They would cover my son. Hagerty said they would too, but when I told them I might run to the lumber yard in the TT, they said "I don't think so", so I stuck with state farm.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ryan Fenrich on Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 08:11 pm:

I am insured through Intact.

I am 19, and I have a 1929 Model A. Last year, I called them and they said my dad had to be the primary driver, but now, they have removed their age restrictions. The only thing is that I need another daily driver, maximum mileage, etc. just like any other classic car policy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robert Brough on Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 08:23 pm:

Thanks for the suggestion. Nice to see I'm not alone and that a younger generation is able to enjoy these vehicles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John F. Regan on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 01:12 am:

The last time I checked, Hagerty insured young folks under 25 but their only restriction was that the young person had to be a member of the main insured's household. So if your teenage son or daughter moves out they have to get their own insurance. That is a pretty reasonable restriction on the policy as far as I am concerned.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 07:33 am:

Ryan,

Thank you for posting .....

We need more young members chipping in on threads !

Don't wait until you are an Old Fart like the rest of most of us :-)

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Doug Money - Braidwood, IL on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 10:03 am:

We have had Hagerty for this very reason. My youngest daughter was 16 when we got our T. Hagerty has been fine with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 12:12 pm:

I have Trinity/Kemper. The agent tells me that any licensed driver is insured driving my vehicles as long as it is casual use and the driver has my permission to drive the vehicle. The 16 year old daughter of my friend drives my (her) CJ2A on occasion as well as my Willys pickup and will be driving my T if I ever get one going again. She is excited to drive it.

I think it helps that she has a car of her own with insurance on it, a spotless driving record and is a straight A student.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration