Book Project 2

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Book Project 2
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Cotter on Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 10:17 pm:

ROOM WANTED -- I'll be driving a 1926 Speedster from NYC to the Golden Gate Bridge along the Lincoln Highway. The adventure will be documented in a book that will be published by Motorbooks International in 2018.
In order to make the book more interesting and entertaining, I'd like to occasionally stay in private homes rather than in a Hampton Inn.
If any Lincoln Highway-area Model T families are interested in housing three "Road Warriors" (two co-drivers and a photographer) in their homes, please send me a message. We are clean, good company and have had all our shots.
Thanks so much, Tom Cotter

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Anthony DeMiglio on Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 11:16 pm:

Congratulations on your new book Tom! We met at the Hampton Inn a few years ago during the Hershey meet. I Enjoy your Barn Find Series. Have a safe Journey.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Hjortnaes, Men Falls, WI on Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 11:31 pm:

Rob has a nice barn I bet he will let you use. No cows, just vehicles. Mike Vaughn might be able to find you some connections as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jared Buckert on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 12:49 am:

I'm not living along the Lincoln Highway, but if you decide to travel along Highway 136, let me know. Only slightly south of the route you'll be traveling.

I would like to pre-order a copy of your book, though. It sounds like a great read.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 12:56 am:

Absolutely, when you reach Nebraska I bet we could line up lodging, shops and scenic sites. Also, there are a few Lincoln Highway markers that would make good photo/video ops.

You might have offers for "pilot cars" to scout ahead and give route info, just as in "the day."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Carlton on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 06:07 pm:

Tom, If you are planning a stop near Minerva, Ohio, I have a large shop in Salineville. If you get into a bind nearby, I can trailer you as well.

We have a full house where we live, but in an emergency you can stay at the shop or the youth center I have next door(no shower).

330-440-3216
Jim Carlton

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration