If it rains at Bakersfield question

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: If it rains at Bakersfield question
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Harms - Sacramento County, CA on Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 11:02 pm:

Is the Bakersfield Swap Meet mainly asphalt and concrete ground or is there walking through mud (like Turlock) to deal with if it rains?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Harms - Sacramento County, CA on Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 11:03 pm:

What tips do you have for enjoying a swap meet in the rain?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 11:25 pm:

I went one year in torrential rain and heavy winds. It was the greatest ever, found tons of good stuff. I will be there in pouring rain or shine.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Gitts - Ferndale, WA on Wednesday, April 05, 2017 - 11:41 pm:

To answer your question: it's mostly grass and if it rains heavily, it'll be alot of mud. The year I went with torrential rains, they were using tractors to pull vehicles out. Hopefully, the weather won't be that bad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 12:24 am:

The one year with torrential rain.....I sold the most of all the swap meets attended. That year, I pulled my 18 ft. trailer (Loaded) with our 32 ft. motor home.....did not need a tractor to get out but it was slippery by noon on Sat.
Have attended numerous swap meets at Bakersfield with only the one year having torrential rain.
Even though business was great....not looking for a re-peat of heavy rain this year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les VonNordheim on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 12:26 am:

The one year with torrential rain.....I sold the most of all the swap meets attended. That year, I pulled my 18 ft. trailer (Loaded) with our 32 ft. motor home.....did not need a tractor to get out but it was slippery by noon on Sat.
Have attended numerous swap meets at Bakersfield with only the one year having torrential rain.
Even though business was great....not looking for a re-peat of heavy rain this year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 12:33 am:

This is California in April. They are forecasting some showers. Couldn't be as wet as Hershey! However, this year has been diffeent. Bakersfield is in a relatively dry part of the state. Far enough from the coast and not in the mountains. I don't expect much, if any.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 01:14 am:

If it rains then you getta wetta ....

If it no rains then you staya drya ....

Freighter Jim

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration