OT Stolen Oakland

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: OT Stolen Oakland
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hughes, Raymond, NE on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 10:28 am:

I received the message below from the Oakland Owners Club. I thought I would share it here to get the word out to as many old car guys as possible.

=================

I received notice today that a 1915 Oakland was stolen out of Ohio. Blue with black fenders. Been in the same family for many decades.

Please put the word out to any family or friends that are in the car hobby to spread the word about this theft in case they hear or see anything about it being for sale or parts of it for sale.

Thanks

Robert Caves
Oakland Owners Club International
www.oaklandowners.com

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dennis Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 10:58 am:

Any information that could be added to this page may be helpful in recovering the stolen Oakland.

Was it in a trailer?
Make of trailer?
Color of trailer?
Trailer license number?
Date stolen?
Color of car?
Model of car?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 12:17 pm:

What Dennis said ....

Post some pictures please !

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 12:28 pm:

The Oakland owners web site say that it was stolen out of a storage unit.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 12:35 pm:

Stolen out of a Central Ohio storage unit on April 3rd.

Freighter Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 06:34 pm:

Argh. Stuff like this ticks me off.
I hope they can find this car for those folks.
I belong to so few forums but how else can people help get the word out?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 07:28 pm:

Ya know, back in the day, they hung horse thieves. Well, this car was from back in the day, so when they find the perp, I'll gladly supply the rope! Maybe even kick the chair out from under the bastard!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 09:33 am:

Hanging is too fast

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 01:27 pm:

Hanging can be nice and slow if no fall is involved.

Disassembly by cordless drill and ballpeen hammer could be drawn
out for weeks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Freighter Jim on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 03:35 pm:

THAT is why you cannot borrow my cordless drill - any of hammers - my posthole digger - my shovels - my axe - my cordless sawzall - my hydrochloric acid - my industrial rubber gloves - my industrial respirator - my 55 gallon drums .....

AFreighter of Da Burger Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Saturday, April 08, 2017 - 04:34 pm:

Just what would we do with rubber gloves?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Burger in Spokane on Sunday, April 09, 2017 - 12:13 am:

How about a belt sander massage, followed by a vinegar drip ?

(insert evil laugh here)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hughes, Raymond, NE on Friday, May 05, 2017 - 06:33 pm:

I got this email note today, so I am passing it on. Thanks to everyone that spread the word.

The 1915 Oakland belong to Rob Wilson has been recovered completely intact. Credit goes to all in the old car brotherhood. It seems that all the talk and chatter we did made it impossible for the thieves to sell the car. Thieves have been caught. No more details are being given to the public.
Thanks to everyone!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, May 05, 2017 - 07:10 pm:

Steve, glad to hear the good news. No more details being given to the public 'cause they know WE'D have a public lynching!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C on Friday, May 05, 2017 - 09:50 pm:

Hallelujah.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don - Conroe, TX on Friday, May 05, 2017 - 09:54 pm:

nice....any details on who stole it and where they took it, etc?

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration