Item to Watch on External Band Brakes

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2017: Item to Watch on External Band Brakes
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 02:37 pm:

A couple of days ago, I posted in the "What did you do today" thread that I re-lined my original AC brakes.

The thing that clued me in that it was time was that the braking power was diminishing and I was having to press harder and harder on the pedal to get the desired results.

Turned out I had reached the limit of the adjustment and the return springs were coil binding when I applied the brakes, preventing them from fully clamping down onto the drums.

Lesson learned - keep an eye on the brake adjusters and watch out for coil binding of the springs! :-)

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Manuel, Lafayette, La. on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 03:49 pm:

Good tip, Mark. Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, April 06, 2017 - 07:39 pm:

Gotta keep Rockies adjusted in a similar way. Found that out on the Finger Lakes tour last summer.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration